NY Fingerlakes Chapter meeting

Originally Posted By: jbowman
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

New and veteran home inspectors, as well as members of all other associations, and independents, are all welcome - you need not be a member of NACHI. Spouses or significant others are welcome.

A full day of activities planned:

7:00 a.m. - Golf with John Bowman and Gary Johnson. Barbecue to follow. If interested call or email me to make arrangements.

6:00 p.m. - Meet and greet at the Holiday Inn, Elmira-Riverview, 760 E. Water St., Elmira, NY.

7:00 p.m. - Meeting starts - Welcome by Mr. John Bowman, Host.

7:10 p.m. - Dinner. ($25.00 per person).

Speakers:

Mr. John Bowman, Host, Press Secretary/member of the NACHI Foundation, Member NACHI Education Committee, NACHI Librarian, and Member of NYNACHI.

Mr. Ron Allison, President of the Chemung County Habitat for Humanity.

Mrs. Jane Kelleher, CRB, Broker, Co-owner of Coldwell Banker, Horizons Realty, and Secretary of the Chemung County Habitat for Humanity.

Mr. Dave Bush, NACHI Development Director, Member NACHI Steering Committee, Member NACHI Education Committee, and Member of the NACHI Library Committee.

Mr. Gary Johnson, President of the NACHI Foundation, Member NACHI Steering Committee, Member of the NACHI Library Committee, and Owner/founder, NHITI.

Mr. Lorne Steiner, Porter Valley Software.

Also in attendance will be:

Mr. Gerry Beaumont, Chairman of the NACHI Education Committee, and member of the NACHI Steering Committee. (We may have time for Gerry to make a little speech if he so desires).

Special Events -

Lots of Free Stuff.
NACHI Foundation Drawing.

NOTE: The Holiday Inn has no rooms available. I have made special arrangements with the Coachman Motor Lodge at (607) 733-5526. See www.coachmanmotorlodge.com.

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Yesterday, the Holiday Inn in Elmira where the meeting is being held notified me of the availability of 20 rooms. For those interested in staying there pleas refer to

http:www.nachi.org/nyfingerlakeschapter.htm

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi to all,

John where is the Barbie ?? Dave and I should get in mid afternoon, I hope you booked good weather.

Look forward to meeting

regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Gerry,

Do you like that idea? It'll probably be right in my back yard. Everything will be picked up by me. How does that sound?

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi John,

Now that sounds like a hell of a plan, we'll bring a supply of cold ones, deal ??

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Gerry,

Thanks for the offer, but I have a supplier for the cold ones. Plenty of the hard stuff if you like (I bought a bar out a couple of years ago). Plenty of beer and soda. All I need are the bodies. Bad weather doesn't mean a thing. Garage is big enough to hold everyone. Heck, I should cancel the Holiday Inn and hold the meeting in my back yard. Hmmm - Maybe next time.

The garage has a full kitchen and sitting area to watch T.V., etc. It's where I spend my Sunday's watching football. Have both Satellite and Cable service. All the amenities except a bathroom. Have to go to the house for that.

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

You just need a drain for the bathroom

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

There’s new new’s on the legislative front. Come to the meeting and get the latest.

Only four more days until the big day. A NACHI first is about to happen I believe. Three Steering Committee members (Dave Bush, Gerry Beaumont, and Gary Johnson), in the same room at the same time. Don’t miss the action and excitement. Here is your chance to grill them gang. Don’t let this opportunity pass you by.

Originally Posted By: psabados

John,

You thought of it all, except. Where's the live feed from that satellite dish so we all can watch and hear? Somebody take a laptop and a vid/cam and make link. This sounds like an awesome meeting, guys good luck and good times

Paul

Counting down the days to Orlando 2005 T-minus 202 and counting!

Paul,

Thanks for the ideas. Live Link, now that would be the ultimate meeting. Maybe in the future.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to wish Lorne Steiner of Porter Valley Software, a speedy recovery from throat surgery. He is expecting to be laid up for another 30 days or so. Sorry that he will miss Saturday's meeting. We will definitely reschedule him for our next meeting. GET WELL LORNE.

John

Originally Posted By: cnordby

Hi John! I hope you had a great meeting and your banner worked out well for you. It was nice talking with you on the phone. Cheryl

SafeHOME

Seattle, WA.

www.signsbycheryl.freeservers.com

Cheryl,

Great job on the banner. Thank-you soooooo much. Questions for you? What would be the proper cleaning, storage, etc. for these banners. What is their life expectancy, etc.?

John

Originally Posted By: jtedesco

John:

How was the meeting? Did everything work out as planned? Will there be another meeting in the near future?

Do you have a picture of the Banner and of some of the guests and members before and after the scheduled activities?

![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant

www.nachi.org/tedescobook.htm

Hi Joe,

The meeting went smooth. The turn out was not what I had hoped, but I nor anyone else has any control of that. The speakers were all well versed and informative.

Although a relatively a small crowd, I do believe that through the efforts of all the NACHI members present we were very successful in signing up at least 4 or 5 new members(1 for sure). Small crowd - YES. Good results - YES. I am personally very pleased with the end result.

The only problem that I personally had, was that not once did I know how many people were coming. I received RSVP's from 4 people. One did not show up. So I was always uncomfortable when asked "How many are expected to be there". Hopefully in the future we can remedy this somehow or another. A lot of those present stated that they RSVP'd the main NACHI Office, but for some reason that information was not transferred to me. Can we have someone review these procedures and possibly improve on them.

Thanks,

John

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

The meeting last night went well. Dave Bush and Gerry B were in attendance and did great jobs with their presentations. I know that we got at least one new member there (and a golfer to boot). John should have some picks coming online soon.

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: cnordby

Also you shouldn’t fold banners. If you remember to roll it up properly it will last you for many many meetings. thanks for asking. icon_biggrin.gif

SafeHOME

Seattle, WA.

www.signsbycheryl.freeservers.com