Meeting being set for all local chapter presidents

Originally Posted By: lsteiner
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Posted: Mon, Dec 27th, 12:34 AM Post subject: Meeting being set for all local chapter presidents

I am setting up a meeting for all local chapter presidents that will be attending the conference. Please email a personal message to lorne.steiner@nachi.org if you could make this important meeting. As soon as I have the room and time secured, I'll let everyone know.

Although no agenda has been set yet, there is strength in unity and there are common goals that we can achieve this coming year.

If you have items that you would like put on the agenda, please email your thoughts and ideas.

More soon.

Lorne Steiner
Director at Large

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

I’d like to tknow the purpose of this meeting, Lorne. Please elaborate on the common “goals” you speak of.

Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: Lorne H. Steiner

jfarsetta wrote:
I'd like to tknow the purpose of this meeting, Lorne. Please elaborate on the common "goals" you speak of.

lsteiner wrote:
Please email me or call me directly if you would like to discuss possible agenda items.

Lorne

jfarsetta wrote:
I'd like to tknow the purpose of this meeting, Lorne. Please elaborate on the common "goals" you speak of.

Joe, you can reach me directly at (818) 360-7750. I await your call.

Lorne Steiner
NACHI Director at Large

Originally Posted By: phinsperger

What’s with all the secrecy? Not being a chapter president, I have to say I am a bit offened at the non-disclosure of all of this. eusa_snooty.gif

Paul Hinsperger
Hinsperger Inspection Services
Chairman - NACHI Awards Committee
Place your Award Nominations
here !

Originally Posted By: gbell

Hi Paul

This is an open area of the board, that is why it appears to be secretive. IMHO

I am a chapter president and have no idea what they are doing so don't feel left out.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Since this is our first conference, and the first time we would have to meet and greet everyone at the same venue, I thought it would be a good idea to gather all of the Chapter Presidents to understand their issues and needs for their particular chapter and locality. We need to go forward with one voice and common NACHI goals.

There is a great need for an understanding of how the chapters can all work together. We will never be able to have common marketing and publicity unless we find out what those needs, which differ from region to region are. The agenda will be set by the presidents, not me. Isn't that the difference between NACHI and the others, that we are a bottom up organization, not the other way around? This also will help the NACHI foundation in many ways because again we can work to achieve common goals.

The individual chapters can not work in a vacuum. We do not have 150 plus individual NACHI organizations. In order to move forward to combat ASHI campaigns we need a centralized campaign. But first we must understand what the true issues are.

This was not meant to be a secret. I did not see anyone else doing this in the organization so I decided to step forward to start the process. If all feel that this is not a worthwhile cause and feel we do not need such a meeting let me know now and I will cancel the meeting.

Lorne.

Originally Posted By: phinsperger

Now that wasn’t so hard aiwebs_008.gif

Paul Hinsperger
Hinsperger Inspection Services
Chairman - NACHI Awards Committee
Place your Award Nominations
here !

Originally Posted By: cmccann

Sounds like a good idea to me. Can’t hurt.

NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: gbell

I think it is a great idea.

Thank you for getting the ball rolling.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

gbell wrote:
I think it is a great idea.

Thank you for getting the ball rolling.

Originally Posted By: bkirby

Looking forward to getting together with the other chapter presidents. Good idea Lorne.

Bruce Kirby

Western States Director
NW MT Chapter President
MSAI President
http://bjccinspections.com/

I prefer email contact
bruce@bjccinspections.com

Originally Posted By: rbrown1

I have to agree Lorne!

Unfortunately I cannot make the Convention as I an Instructing in Canada that week

However, as you are one of our guest speakers, we will be meeting at our local NACHI Chapter meeting on Wednesday February 23.

Hopefully we will have time to discuss doing the same thing in Canada and possibly a joint effort on both sides of the boarder!

Canadian NACHI Chapter meetings are held in Kingston, Ontario on the 2nd Wednesday of each month and in Bowmanville, Ontario on the 4th Wednesday of each month.

If anyone is interested in attending, email us at: aciss@bellnet.ca

Anyone interested in starting a NACHI Chapter in their area give us a shout, we'd love to help out!

Originally Posted By: ktrice

the great lady there is Roberta who spent over an hour on the phone with me making sure i new how to manipulate the site to get the most out of it. Roberta was great to work with and the site is very user friendly. I really like the site and i think members will agree.

Thanks

--
Ken Trice "MAB-MEMBER"
918-855-4484
NACHI Oklahoma Chapter President
www.tricehomeinspections.com
www.superteesembroidery.safeshopper.com