New article on Poison ivy, oak and sumac

Most people are allergic to the oil found in poison ivy – urushiol – but few people realize just how toxic it can be. 500 people can develop a rash from the amount of urushiol oil required to cover the head of a pin, and inhaled vapors of the oil can cause serious injury or death. And it’s virtually everywhere in the United States in Canada, mostly in the leaves, vines and roots of poison ivy, oak and sumac. To learn how to identify these plants, where they’re found and what you can do to protect yourself and your clients, take a look at our new article on poison ivy, oak and sumac.