InterNACHI » "The Inspectors Journal™"

New article on ventless fireplace inspection

September 21st, 2010

Ventless fireplaces are enjoyed for their energy efficiency and ease of installation, but they’re thought by many to be a horrifically dumb idea; they vent their products of combustion, including toxic carbon monoxide, directly into the living space. Some of the critics of this fireplace design are entire countries and states that have banned them, not to mention the CDC, the EPA and various other watchdog groups that strongly oppose their use. There are ways you can prevent deadly carbon monoxide leaks, and you can find out about them and more in our new article on ventless fireplace inspection.

This blog entry was posted by Rob London.

Popular Sections


All Sections



Inspection Standards


Chapters & Members

Articles & Links

Other Organizations




NACHI.ORG Statistics