Author and InterNACHI Director of Education Ben Gromicko is pleased to join InterNACHI in announcing the release of the 7th Edition of “Now That You’ve Had a Home Inspection,” the homeowner’s ultimate home maintenance guide, now with a new look, revamped format, and updated information. Read all about it here.
With thanks for his efforts to Steve Kay, outgoing Director of Affairs for South Africa, InterNACHI USA and InterNACHI South Africa wish to welcome as new Director, Mr. Eric Bell.
Eric is the founder and CEO of Inspect-a-Home, the largest home inspection firm in South Africa. He helped review the material for the National Home Builder Registration Council Manual and performs additional regional functions, such as sitting on development architectural review boards. For relaxation, he has raced Porsches, he owns a GT3, and flies large-scale model RC airplanes.
InterNACHI founder Nick Gromicko is quoted at length in the Nov. 12 issue of NYC-based MainStreet.com feature article: “8 Unexpected Factors That Can Threaten Your Home Sale.”
InterNACHI is proud to announce its latest educational partnership with the Bellman Group, Inc., headed by inspection industry leader Charles (Chuck) Bellefontaine. Read about it here.
InterNACHI members can now enjoy steep discounts at office supply giant OfficeMax, ranging from 31% to a staggering 88% off, at more than 900 retail outlets as well as online! Find out the details about this latest InterNACHI member benefit in this brief article.
Although its manufacture was discontinued in the U.S. in 1978, lead-based paint is more prevalent than most homeowners would suspect, especially in older homes whose construction is otherwise sound, making these older homes attractive to new home buyers.
To protect the public health and safety — as well as that of contractors and tradespeople who work in the renovation of such homes — the U.S. EPA has an ambitious program in place that requires that all contractors who disturb lead-based paint be trained to be Lead-Safe Certified. The problem, as InterNACHI has discovered, is that fewer than 10% of those required to be certified actually are. That leaves 90% vulnerable to hefty fines, as well as serious health risks. InterNACHI has, therefore, proposed a partnership with the EPA so that inspectors can understand the simple steps that contractors must take to mitigate the spread of lead dust and other hazards to make sure that all parties — contractors, homeowners and inspectors — are safe and healthy during and after renovation projects.
Find out more about it in our latest article: InterNACHI and the EPA Team Up to Monitor Lead Safety.
For Canadian and all inspectors serving French-speaking clients, use our original articles now translated in French to post on your website and to include in your inspection reports and marketing materials. Our latest offering is 15 Outils Que Tous Les Propriétaires Devraient Posséder (15 Tools Every Homeowner Should Own).
InterNACHI’s Standards of Practice for Inspecting Residential Properties is now available in French! Canadian and French-speaking members everywhere who wish to include the French-language Residential SOP in their inspection reports may now do so by downloading from Normes de Pratique Internationales pour l’Inspection des Biens Immoboliers Résidentiels.
Are you an InterNACHI inspector who has a lot of Spanish-speaking clients? Then download the free “Now That You’ve Had a Home Inspection” PDF, newly available in Spanish! InterNACHI’s best-selling home maintenance book, authored by Director of Education Ben Gromicko, is exclusively available in a new 5th Edition in Spanish, ahead of the forthcoming 5th Edition in English. This 104-page indispensable guide is the ultimate in consumer information for the homeowner, and includes an updated resources list, as well as a new chapter. Updated Spanish-language graphics are coming soon. Download your free PDF now at “Now That You’ve Had a Home Inspection” in Spanish.
The U.S. Department of Energy is putting some of its nearly $3 billion budget earmarked for energy efficiency for the American homeowner behind their new Home Energy Scoring Program. They’re relying on the private sector to help promote their specialized home energy audits and, as usual, it all starts with training and education. Consumers who wish to take advantage of this latest push for responsible and energy-saving homeownership and maintenance can, as usual, rely on InterNACHI to be at the forefront of this program’s rollout with its upcoming Home Energy Survey Training and Certification Program. Read all about it and explore the informational links about the new program in What the Department of Energy’s Home Energy Scoring Program Means for InterNACHI Inspectors.