InterNACHI General Counsel Mark Cohen has some simple advice for home inspectors with websites who want to avoid legal hassles with unhappy former clients down the road — advice that he’s given to harried inspectors 95% of the time! Read Legal Tip for Home Inspectors: Prevent a Stink, Include a Link.
Using a Customer Satisfaction Survey combined with an inspection book such as “Now that You’ve had a Home Inspection” reduces liability and gets you more inspection work. InterNACHI’s Customer Satisfaction Survey hits 7 birds with one stone:
- It gets the customer on record describing the quality of your inspections.
- It alerts you to weaknesses in your inspection services. Often a client it too shy to tell you face to face.
- It reminds your customer (in writing) that you don’t have x-ray vision and can’t find every defect.
- It up-sells additional inspections by alerting your customers that you offer ancillary inspections.
- It provides you with written permission to discuss the report with others.
- It lets your customers know you care about their opinion.
- You can send a copy of the survey to the agent that referred you, so that he/she gets third-party feedback about you.
InterNACHI’s Customer Satisfaction Survey is free. There are several versions available depending on whether or not you provide your customers with a book.