The Texas Real Estate Commission requires that the following CE courses be proctored:

TREC's acceptable proctors include:

  • a member of provider faculty or staff 

  • employees at official testing or learning/tutoring centers 

  • librarians at a school, university or public library 

  • college or university administrators, faculty or academic advisors 

  • clergy who are affiliated with a specific temple, synagogue, mosque or church 

  • educational officers of a military installation or correctional facility 

  • notary public 

  • police officer (only if they are not affiliated or related to the student) 

Step 1: Choose a local proctor, and take the course exam. Remember you must request access to the exam from the Education Department in order to take the exam.

Step 2: Email the
proctored exam form to the education department at This is a critical step.

Step 3: Submit your certificate of completion to the state.

Did this answer your question?