Recall Check will not be permitted in Florida

Nathan is getting the boot out of Florida. Did I mention that HIs might not be allowed to do four points. If you can not predict the life expectancy of any system or component of a home, who do you think is going to accept your four points? That is not the only things wrong with the up and coming Rules for Florida Home Inspectors. Looks like the contractors and Realtors have a tight grip on the HIs.

Here is a piece for your reading pleasure. BTW these is a draft, not law yet!

Nate got the boot from NACHI, but Nick saved him.
Maybe Rusty will make his buddies Masseratti payments.
Bye Nate.

unless licensed to do so.

We’ll see.

But your precious Nachi C.O.E. won’t let you do anything else :frowning:

Wow!

That left me wondering what an HI will be able to do? They won’t even be able to use a moisture meter.

Some stuff seems reasonable, and is in my PIA

This one would have me concerned.
Utilizing special instruments, tools, or measuring devices of any kind to measure moisture.

Would you consider using a moisture meter against the rules? THats the most important tool I have to document issues.

Which COE is that? Your statement needs changing since the COE no longer has any consequences for violators…:shock: Just words in cyberspace.

True. But if a contractor who is also a Nachi home inspector performs work on a house he has inspected he has broken the golden rule. I personally think it is asinine.

That one by itself is a huge constraint. When the reeltors start getting sues for all of the things that the home inspectors aren’t allowed to tell the buyers, they’ll wish they hadn’t lobbied for this.

Feel sorry for Florida HI and home buyers if this goes through.

So does this mean that a home inspector can open a garage door but is not allowed to close it afterward?

This is colossally bad legislation. Looks like someone has declared war on the Home Inspection industry in Florida.

Golden Rule? Ethics? Only your own Ethics matter anymore. Make your money and send some to charity if you feel bad.

This is what happens when HI’s just want to sling mud and the other professional industries take over. I think some that have said there are some of us out there that provide too much may like these rules. Not one of my clients will.

Can we comment on FPE panels, Poly, etc.? I guess unless licensed to do so.

Ah great lobbyist at work Money , greed and dishonest powers to be

I guess some may be re thinking their wonderful licensing now.

You will now likely lose what you thought you gained by getting licensed. All those new rights… I guess you just get new bills and requirements now.

No bad consequences huh. I’ll just kick back and watch all this play out :slight_smile:

** Conditions that might affect the ability to obtain insurance and/or the price of insurance;**

So, polybutylene, aluminum wiring, fpe panels, etc…we no longer have to disclose?

unless licensed to do so

Seems the home inspection license gives you the right to inspect the home, including the above mentioned items.

Nice try though…

This will be fun to watch and see just how it plays out.

Seems like all pain and NO gain for those with just a HI license :frowning:

I tried to warn you all against having the State run your Businesses for you. I tried.

Eric, care to rethink this "You now Mike, you keep harping on “you got what you deserve” and I would really like clarification on that.

All this talk of “gloom and doom” because of licensing or the State, or a whole host of other excuses, are just that, excuses.

All the stuff John has posted is the stuff I said would happen and I doubt is what those who were foolish enough to want licensing wanted. At least I hope none of them wanted it. Who knows with that group?

(a) Identifying concealed conditions or latent defects;

(a)(b) Determining:

1. The strength, adequacy, effectiveness, or efficiency of any system or component;

Home inspectors do not do this now.

1. The causes of any condition or deficiency;

1. The methods, materials, or costs of corrections;

2. Future conditions including, but not limited to, failure of systems and components;

3. The suitability of the property for any specialized use;

4. Compliance with regulatory requirements (codes, regulations, laws, ordinances, etc.), manufacturer

specifications, installation procedures or instructions;

1. The market value of the property or its marketability;

2. The advisability of the purchase of the property;

3. The presence of potentially hazardous plants or animals including, but not limited to wood destroying

organisms or diseases harmful to humans;
Home inspectors do not do this now, unless you have a wdo license, which will no tchange

1. The presence of any environmental hazards including, but not limited to fungi, molds, toxins, carcinogens,

noise, and contaminants in soil, water, and air;

1. The effectiveness of any system installed or methods utilized to control or remove suspected hazardous

substances;

1. The operating costs of systems or components;

2. The acoustical properties of any system or component;

3. Conditions that might affect the ability to obtain insurance and/or the price of insurance;
    There is nothing stopping any inspector from including this information in an e mail to the client.

4. The calibration of measuring devices including timers, clocks, thermostats, and gauges;

5. The integrity of thermal glass seals;

6. The presence of manufacturers’ defects in any product, material, component, equipment, or system, or

information related to recall notices;
The home inspector may not be able to, but a third party vendor could, and again, this could be done via a separate email.

1. Installation conformance to manufacturers’ instructions for any product, component, element, device, or

system;
If that is the case, then the entire inspection will not need to be done, as that is exactly what we are inspecting.

(b)© Offering to:

1. Perform any act or service contrary to law;

2. Perform engineering/architectural services;

3. Perform work in any trade or any professional service for which a license is required, other than home

inspection, unless licensed to do so;

©(d) Inspecting:

1. Underground items including, but not limited to underground storage tanks or other indications of their

presence, whether abandoned or active;

1. Recreational facilities;

(d)(e) Dismantling any system or component, except as explicitly required by these Standards of Practice;

(f) Utilizing special instruments, tools, or measuring devices of any kind to measure moisture, humidity, water

or air volume, water or air flow, water potability, air quality, temperature, voltage, amperage, electrical grounding,

polarity, and continuity, VOC’s, microwaves, electromagnetic fields, and other similar kinds of conditions or

activities;
This will never make it in and is perhaps the most asinine statement I have ever read.

(e) (g) Operating equipment, appliances, or devices on more than one cycle, zone, or phase or operate any

device, appliance, system, or equipment which in the opinion of the inspector may fail during the act of inspection;
Home inspectors do this now.

(h) Providing any information from any source regarding property ownership, property boundaries, liens,

outstanding loans, code violations, reports of hazardous materials, manufacturers’ recalls, Consumer Protection

Agency bulletins, and other similar kinds of public information.
Hey, to the dumbass who wrote this…“public information”. I correct myself in that this is now the most asinine statement I have ever read!

(f) Performing work in any trade or professional service for which a license is required other than home

inspection, unless licensed to do so.

What we have is a bunch of mumbo jumbo which appears to have been written by a mentally retarded 8 year-old. I apologize to all of the mental retarded 8 year-olds for lumping them in with whatever idiot wrote this.

Man… I thought California was bad.