View Single Post
Old 6/30/14, 3:21 PM
slamonica slamonica is offline
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 18
Default Re: Commercial Inspections in Florida.


I called the state (FDBPR) and they told me that I needed a Building Inspector Licence ( BCAIB (1) ).

She cited FS 468.8311

(2) “Home” means any residential real property, or manufactured or modular home, which is a single-family dwelling, duplex, triplex, quadruplex, condominium unit, or cooperative unit. The term does not include the common areas of condominiums or cooperatives.

I didn't think the lady knew what I was talking about because I don't see such a definition for "commercial property" in BCAIB (1). It all seems related to building codes.

Last edited by slamonica; 6/30/14 at 3:48 PM..
Reply With Quote