Public Hearing on Vermont Licensing on March 17, 2015 in Montpelier, VT.

Dear property inspectors and other interested parties:

At the direction of the Legislature, the Office of Professional Regulation, in consultation with appointed property inspector advisors, has proposed rules to govern the practice of property inspection. Vermont has not previously regulated property inspectors. Public participation in the rulemaking process is vital to the development of rules that are practical, effective, and responsible to the public and to licensees.

A public hearing on the proposed administrative rules will be held on March 17, 2015, at 10:00 a.m., at the Office of Professional Regulation, 89 Main Street, 3rd Floor, Montpelier, VT, 05620-3402.

The proposed rules are available at:

Anyone is welcome to comment on the proposed rules. Please mail comments to my attention at the USPS address below, or email sos.propertyinspectors@sec.state.vt.us

Regards,
Peter Comart
Licensing Administrator
Attention: Peter Comart
Office of Professional Regulation 89 Main Street, 3rd Floor Montpelier, VT 05602-3402

Nick
I am aware of the meeting and am responding to the rules and will be making the meeting. I did testify on this legislation when it was in committee. Thanks for the heads up.
paul

Awesome.

I can combat that for you if you like. Omitting licensing from being implemented is easier these days. Laws here in Kansas where voted into play, and after some “correspondence” the governor got them out.

In any state, they are worthless to the home buyer. Any law is a basic, minimal standard, and then, basic, minimal home inspections will result.

It should be up to the REA offices and companies to set policies for their clients, and they should be high. This will save tens of thousands of dollars in state revenue spending. Hit them with that first. Then, recommend they license all tradespersons, home builders, implement state wide IRC building codes, etc. and put millions into a certified board rules and regulations, and to the attorneys to write them. States having to spend more money and adding to their budgets is not in their best interest these days.