Memorial Day

Everyone have a safe Memorial Day and take a moment to remember the reason for this day.

Same to you and your family.

Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend guys!!

Same to you all.

While you are out enjoying the long holiday weekend, please remember the real reason we celebrate Memorial Day! And please take a moment to remember all of our brave men and women this weekend who lost their lives while serving our great nation (as well as their family and friends who miss them every day)! ‪#‎MemorialDay‬

To our fallen soldiers, salute.

Honor Memorial Day.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I was able to visit Arlington on Memorial Day in 2012. It was something to see the 400,000 (I think it was 380k+ then) and growing graves all marked with an American flag. It takes a week for volunteers to place the flags and a week to retrieve them.
One of my Dads friends was buried there this year.

I was there a about 5 years back. Was very impressed with Arlington as well. Was there late afternoon early evening got to see the glow of JFK’s eternal flame from the street outside the cemetery. Robert Kennedy’s grave site is touching as well. It’s definitely something every American should experience I think. The changing of the guards at the tomb of the “Unknown Soldier” is well worth the trip as well.

Bert