Maintenance Inspections

Is anyone having success with Maintenance inspections?
I’m struggling with price point. If you’re doing them do you have a different price schedule? Do you market them differently or just as you do any other inspection? Does your inspection go as deep as any other?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Yes.
I market my MAINTENANCE inspections all the time and do about 60 a year, which brings in about $4,200. The only people who ask for the MAINTENANCE inspections are the extraordinarily rich, which is why my MAINTENANCE inspections average about $700 each. The houses are big and have a lot of systems; one recently had five furnaces, all in four attics,

Yes.
MAINTENANCE inspections are less expensive because I don’t document the construction materials for the home. No need to note, and report: multipane windows, copper plumbing, stucco exterior, clay tile roof covering, concrete and brick driveway, etc. Not noting all that stuff saves time, both in inspecting and report writing.

Yes.
I market MAINTENANCE inspections via my home inspection report. And although EVERY report has the MAINTENANCE item in it, people buying 360-SF studio condos and such aren’t interested. Only the extraordinarily rich are interested since they don’t do anything in their own home. They have gardeners, butlers, nannies, house cleaners, cooks, maids, etc. My MAINTENANCE inspection and I are just one more expense for them.

Yes, kind of. No, not really.
I don’t document the construction materials for the home for MAINTENANCE inspections. No need to note, and report: multipane windows, copper plumbing, stucco exterior, clay tile roof covering, concrete and brick driveway, etc. Not noting all that stuff saves time, both in inspecting and report writing.

Thanks Russel!!!

60 x $700 = $42,000.00

Very nice…:slight_smile:

Yep.

The 60-year-old fingers on the keyboard aren’t quite what they used to be.

Question, $60,000 just from mAINTENCE inspections?

I market all my inspections.
If things go well. I will Triple or Quadruple my income from last years.

Mark, to answer your question, no BUT I do not market maintenance inspections per say.

Marc, you working with Nathan’s group.
He is a smart and savvy businessman and I enjoy his enthusiasm.
A real industry leader.

I make a very nice living doing home inspections. Too bad my body wants me to get out of the profession. It’s the best profession I’ve ever been part of.

Russell, I concur.
I have since of well being.
Unfortunately, the body is not as willing as the mind.