Pennsylvania

What are the requirements in PA? I have searched and found different bits of information.
I am currently certified in Va. I have a client that wants me to go to PA to inspect and I don’t know whether I can or not.

Any help would be great

In a nutshell: You have to be a member of InterNACHI and you have to carry E&O insurance.

www.nachi.org/insurance.htm

Thanks Nick. I have all that. Do I need to send anyone any documentation for it? I have been on the phone most of the morning with PA, bouncing from one dept to the other. Gotta love it.

I am guessing that the licensing bill that I keep finding is not in effect yet?

No, it’s in effect.

Nope.

Why? What department are you looking for?

Was trying to find the department that handled certification or licensing.
This is the document with the latest date. I don’t think this is in effect yet. I was looking for whatever department is handling it.

You found it. InterNACHI handles certification for Pennsylvania. There is no licensing, only regulation.

Yes it is. I helped author it years ago. PA has had home inspection regulation for many years.

We don’t have a separate department at InterNACHI that handles it. I’m it.

Then I assume I am good to go then.

You are the man!

If you have E&O and are a member of InterNACHI… you’re good to go.

All bases covered!

Thank you sir!

You can inspect, but you can’t do a radon test or wdir unless you are licensed with the DEP and Department of Agriculture

Thanks! Just a normal inspection. Special request for me to do the inspection. I don’t plan on making PA a part of my normal service area. lol

On a side note to what Andrew said, if anyone does want to get certified by the PA DEP for radon… our radon course is approved: https://www.nachi.org/pennsylvania-certified-licensed-home-inspector.htm

Pa requires general liability with coverage of not less than $100,000 per occurrence and $500,000 in the aggregate and with deductibles of not more than $2,500. Just in case you missed that. It’s a little ridicules how much insurance Pennsylvania requires IMHO.

I don’t think you are correct. PA requires E&O insurance, not general liability. No?