When the temperature is zero or below

When it’s really cold up there are there are changes you make to your routine when doing the outside inspection. It’s been cold lately and for the next 2 weeks wwill be in the deep freeze, just wondering how you change your routine to adjust to really cold weather.

Yes I’m a wouss. :shock:

We in Canada have things called long underwear and hat with ear flaps gloves and away we go.
Works for me
Roy Cooke

It was 0 degrees at my last two inspections the past two days. I just move a little quicker…sometimes my pens freeze, which sux. Once my hands go numb, I’m pretty much ok for the rest of the inspection as my body reaches an equilibrium…todays was worse as the heat wasn’t on…neither was the water so it made the inspection go quicker so it was a tradeoff.
For the most part, my routine doesn’t change too much.
I do wear long johns too, but I wear my same ball cap I wear in the summer…

I wear longies, and I don’t try to write anything. I use a recorder and work from it back in the nice warm office (with my tall cup of hot chocolate).

I curse my aluminum ladder as it seems to suck all the heat out of my hands.
Then I curse all those who think that global warming is a bad thing.
Then I curse the cost of gasoline as I have to leave my van running so that my lap top doesn’t freeze.
Then I curse my PDA as the screen starts to do funny things when it gets cold.
Then I curse my camera because the lens fogs when I take it out of my pocket.
Then I curse the ice because it can cause the bottom of the ladder to slip out and there is nothng harder than trying to look like you actually meant to land on the ground on top of your frozen PDA, frozen camera and frozen ladder.
Other than that, not much.

You might try a pencil.

George

Our groundhog [Willy] might change all that soon!!:stuck_out_tongue: :mrgreen:
</IMG></IMG>

THREE CHEERS FOR WIARTON WILLY!
I UNDERSTAND THAT HE PREDICTED AN EARLY SPRING!:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
</IMG></IMG>
I KNOW THAT LANSDOWNE LARRY THE THREE LEGGED SKUNK HAS EMERGED FROM HIS WINTER DUMPSTER AND PREDICTED THE SAME THING.:shock:

good one george

Don’t be silly:p …space aged pens that don’t freeze are available:
http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?t=17468&highlight=space+pen

George

It’s good to know that Larry and Willy are on the same page.:mrgreen:

</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Did Wendy see her shadow? :slight_smile:

I do think Wendy is one who leaves no shadow.

Roy Cooke A Happy NACHI member

The one nice thing about cold weather is that the client typically stays in the house thus speeding things up outside.:smiley: