New training app for home inspectors

Hey all,

I’m pleased to announce that our new training app is available on the Apple App Store. An Android version is also in the works and will be released in the coming weeks.

Check it out:

The app pulls from our huge selection of practice questions and presents them in flash card format using spaced repetition memorization techniques. If you’ve ever used a learning app like Duolingo, it’s similar technology. Questions are repeated at different intervals depending on how well you know the material, and new questions are added to the pool when you’ve shown mastery of the initial selection.

It’s meant to be a quick study tool that you can pull out anywhere and practice for a few minutes to a half-hour. I hope you enjoy!

CM

Awesome. It will be great when the Android version gets released.

Nice. Downloaded and will explore it this weekend

Cool

Thanks.

Great! I’m looking forward to the Android app.

Nice, waiting for the Android version.
thank you

This new system seems like it’s going to be awesome I just can’t wait to get started

awesome, is there going to be a charge for this app?

is there a android app yet ?

I put it on my I Phone, runs well nice layout - good stuff!
There is no directory or index to search, just the random questions pop up one after the other.
I think it would be more helpful if you could go to a selected category for the questions.
Don’t get me wrong here, great stuff but kind of basic.
It is much appreciated! :slight_smile:

Free to InterNACHI members.

Thanks for the feedback! We certainly have lots of other resources for more focussed study, so our focus with this particular app was quick and easy. Ideally, you may run through 10-20 questions on this instead of checking Facebook for the 30th time this hour :slight_smile:

CM

Understood thanks Chris!

Great can’t wait for the android app

Love the app but they always put the correct answer on top. Like some true/false questions will be false/true if false is the correct answer.

Correction- I found a few that weren’t like that but it still seems like it’s not very random

Sometimes truly random can feel “not quite random” because we tend to see patterns that computers do not. The app selects questions and answer order completely randomly.

How soon before the Android version gets released. I am always looking for useful tools.

Sort of frustrating that the majority of seminars, events etc are only located where plane transportation is required.
Why not Boston or Rhode Island or Ct?

Am I missing something?

A beta has been submitted to Google Play. Just waiting for Google to approve.