Cahpi Wants You!!!!!!!!

I just received this from CAHPI on the National Certification .

This is the association who’s web site has been down for repair since last year .
Gee I wonder if they can not get their web site running ,
How can they hope to run the NATIONAL Certification
This is the same group who will not give NACHI and answer on the offer of a free booth for CAHPI and OAHI at the NACHI May Toronto conference.
I do not believe that they have told the Canadian CAHPI members they can come to the NACHI conference at NACHI members rates .

http://cahpi.ca/ Newsflash
Our website is currently under construction. We apologize for any inconvenience.

[FONT=Arial]National Certification Program[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Canadian Association of Home & Property Inspectors[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]CAHPI-National[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]P.O. Box 13715[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Ottawa[/FONT][FONT=Arial], ON K2K 1X6[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Toll: 1-888-748-2244 or (613) 839-5344[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Fax: (613) 839-2554[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Email: [/FONT][FONT=Arial]info@cahpi.ca[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Web: [/FONT][FONT=Arial]www.cahpi.ca[/FONT]](http://www.cahpi.ca)
[FONT=Arial]______________________________________________________________[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Dear Home Inspector:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]As you may be aware, CAHPI recently implemented the National Certification Program, which creates a national standard for the training, education and experience of home inspectors. Recently, an initial group of 97 home inspectors became National Certificate Holders, following a Pilot Project which had many more applicants than could be included in this project. As one of the original applicants that did not get accepted for participation, you will be given the first priority and opportunity to apply to become a National Certificate Holder. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]In appreciation of your initial application, the National Certification Authority is offering a discount of $50 off the current fee of $500 + GST (CAHPI affiliated) or $1100 + GST (unaffiliated) if you re-apply before March 15, 2007. Only those individuals who applied for the Pilot Project will be eligible for this discount.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Attached you will find an application form, which is also available on the CAHPI National/NCA website (www.cahpi.ca). To apply to become a National Certificate Holder, please complete the form and submit as indicated on the last page. If you are currently a Registered Home Inspector (RHI) in B.C., Manitoba, Ontario or Quebec, please indicate so on the form. These CAHPI Provincial/Regional Associations have applied for and been granted equivalency of their RHI to the requirements for education and background in the National Certification Program. Further documentation may not be required. We expect the other CAHPI Associations to have equivalency assessments completed in the next few months, but currently only those listed have been approved by the National Certification Authority. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]If you are not an RHI, a member of a CAHPI Association without equivalency, or an individual unaffiliated with a CAHPI provincial association, please complete the entire form and submit the appropriate documentation to support your education and experience.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]All applicants, regardless of RHI status or experience, will be required to successfully complete the Test Inspection with Peer Review (TIPR) process prior to becoming National Certificate Holders. We expect that with the number of applications to be received in the next few weeks, it may take 2 - 3 months before you receive the results of your review. We ask that you bear with us during this time, but encourage you to submit your application quickly in order to minimize your waiting time and take advantage of the fee reduction. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]We look forward to your participation in the Program![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Sincerely, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]

cid:image001.jpg@01C74F79.86EDD880

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Graham Clarke[/FONT][FONT=Arial], P.Eng., RHI[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Chair – National Certification Authority[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] Roy Cooke… Tried the rest … NACHI is the BEST[/FONT][FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

Gee I wonder Roy -if the facts bear out that real reason the CAHPI site was down had something to do with “issues” of the host company and a service provider. In fact I have been communicating behind the scenes with Sherry on coordinating the transfer of some information that they would like to see incorporated over there.

On a side note a company business that I am a part owner in just went through a very similar issue. The host company from Ottawa, did not respond, and did not offer the support as they promised so we had to change over to another company. All the red tape and paper work took about 3 months to get the legal paper work in order. On top of the that seems they even bill in advance, which now creates another point of debate. On the other hand the new host from the U.S. has been outstanding in customer services.

So please lets not start the vicious cycle all over again.

How can you say I am starting the Vicious cycle it is CAHPI who have not acknowledged the NACHI offer.
They have been asked many times and they are the association who choose to ignore what I felt was a fantastic way to try and get along.
You say some thing to the degree it might be the host company .
Obviously they have been able to make a post to say it is down why not just add a bit more so every one knows what is going on .

Roy Cooke … Tried the rest and found NACHI is the BEST

Roy - I cannot speak for CAHPI, and I would have to assume that people can read the open forums if they want to participate and also for their members to choose to go or not. I think that the offer has been discussed for some time now.

Regarding my comments - I can only speak with knowledge of things that I have been involved, or have first hand knowledge in my possession.

Certainly I cannot disagree that NACHI has provided a generous offer - but beyond that it is up to individual people to decide what is best for them. Not me, nor you or anyone else, not even CAHPI or any other association. It’s simply their decision.

As far as CAHPI communicating - Bill has kindly offered to answer some of the questions. So have I and a few others in the past. Even at best we have some limitations, nor do we claim to be the experts with all the answers. But I do know for a fact many that are discouraged and will not come here - when it turns to association postings with negative or certain posts that seem to offer as another non-productive exchange of words.

So if you are concerned why don’t you send them another email, or get on the phone and pass the offer again onto CAHPI-HQ. That’s my suggestion.

Thanks Claude but I did call the CAHPI pres and followed it up right away with email .
There is absolutely no excuse for not answering .
NACHI and its association regularly by the other Canadian associations.
This is for sure and it has happened regularly on this BB by non NACHI members .
I have and will continue to hope for fair play for all Canadian Home inspectors.
Silly unfair rules and ideas that not want fair play should be completely ignored .
There is no excuse to show blatantly favoritism and to try and use silly excuses is only going to make NACHI as the best association for all Canadian Home inspectors .
NACHI has always done more for all home inspectors then all the rest combined .
This open none secret BB is just one small example of how all Home Inspectors should be treated.
For NACHI to offer CAHPI to speak on the NATIONAL CERTIFICATION shows how open and above board NACHI is .
For the things said on the Other Canadian BB about NACHI shows how jealious and nervious they are about NACHI.
You say they will not come here well sorry for them , they did nothing before when Dave Bottoms continued to try and destroy all posts made on the NACHI BB for a very long time .
OAHI could have put a stop to the instantly .
You know by my posts many OAHI members are comunicating with me to try and get info out that should get to the OAHI members.

Roy Cooke… Tried the rest NACHI is the best.

They are openly offered a booth at our upcoming national convention in Toronto www.nachi.org/convention2007.htm where they are free to recruit members. I hope they avail themselves of this standing public offer.

Well we know Bill will be there, so at least we have one CAHPI member who will be attending. :wink:

Maybe you should have an empty booth with a sign that says " THIS SPACE OFFERED TO CAHPI FREE OF CHARGE. CAHPI CHOSE NOT TO PARTICIPATE."

NACHI also made the same offer to OAHI so there could be two who decide to not come . To bad this could be great for the industry.

Roy Cooke A Happy NACHI Member

It has come to my attention that NACHI is proposing to adopt CAHPI’s national certification program. NACHI will administer the program for all NACHI members. Those that qualify will earn the CMI designation. Current CMI’s will be grandfathered.
The proposed fee for application and review will be $350.00 for all NACHI members. The program review committee will be made up of Current CMI resident in Canada. If the program is successful in Canada it will be adopted across North Amercia.
Since the current CMI qualification are more strngent then the NCP Those requirements where NCP falls short will be raised to meet the CMI standard.
If the responce to this proposal is positive it will be implimented.

Count me in !!!

Vern

Clarification please… is Nachi teaming up with CAHPI or is Nachi endeavouring to duplicate to Nachi members what CAHPI does?

Thanks,

Vern - its great news if that is for real. However, it seems odd that “grandfathering” is now accepted - seems a very dramatic change. and turnabout for those 400 applicants that applied for the pilot project.

Secondly will inspectors forego the Test Inspection with Peer Review process? That seems a bit self-destructive to change the rules/guidelines established by the national certification authority and national certification council. To me that is a huge step backwards. That is my personal POV.

Grandfathering is a great idea, I think anyone in a competing association who is certified in that association should be permitted unfettered access to become a CMI. The cost sure is a lot less than the National that is for sure!

I guess more to the point - Vern - how did this “proposal” come to your attention?

Claude

If CAHPI and Nachi have teamed up someone seems to have been left out of the loop.

The best way to beat the competition is to mimick what the competition does. :wink:

The very first post in this section where CAHPI is offering a Fifty dollar discount to those who applied to the first section . So strange if they really wanted to play fair they would allow all those who applied in the first group to take the National certification as those who won the DRAW???
They paid $107:00 . Those who lost out in the DRAW??? get the chance to pay $1,050:00 plus 6% (1100:00 ) (-50.00)…
Does not sound too balanced to me .

project. As one of the original applicants that did not get accepted for participation, you will be given the first priority and opportunity to apply to become a National Certificate Holder.

In appreciation of your initial application, the National Certification Authority is offering a discount of $50 off the current fee of $500 + GST (CAHPI affiliated) or $1100 + GST (unaffiliated) if you re-apply before March 15, 2007. Only those individuals who applied for the Pilot Project will be eligible for this discount.

[FONT=Arial]Attached you will find an application form, which is also available on the CAHPI National/NCA website (www.cahpi.ca)/). To apply to become a National Certificate Holder, please complete the form and submit as indicated on the last page. If you are currently a Registered Home Inspector (RHI) in B.C., Manitoba, Ontario or Quebec, please indicate so on the form. These CAHPI Provincial/Regional Associations [/FONT]

…The $350:00 program that Vern is talking about sure sounds like a great idea to me .
I can not see why this just might fly.
It sure sound more balanced and realistic

Roy Cooke

I just had a hot flash
Maybe we could set up old Bill in that booth.

Second flash today.

We supply the booth with a dunk tank. :wink:
</IMG>

We could have Bill in a splash tank… you know the ones where you hit the target and the person drops into a vat of hot boiling oil? Errh sorry I mean water. Bill would make a big splash for sure. (Sorry couldn’t resist the temptation) :slight_smile: The Devil made me do it! :wink:

Do you think it would be fair to donate the procedes to CAPHI? With all the money collected maybe they would stop ripping off their members.