HomeGauge trouble on a Mac???

I recently purchased HomeGauge for my MacBook Air that has parallels on it. It worked great for the first week or two and when the windows updated it crashed. The tech team got me back up and going, they said it was re-directed and thats why it crashed. Well, here I am having it for my third week and once again and HomeGauge has crashed again! This is getting old now, has anyone else had this issue?

You’ll get a better response either in the HG section of the forum, or I the HG user group on Facebook. Facebook link is in my signature.

I will check it out, thanks.

Running a Windows program on a Mac is often going to cause issues, especially if you’re low on memory as you’re splitting your ram between Mac and Parallels. If you don’t have 16gigs of ram or more, upgrade your machine.

No… we use Home Inspector Pro. :wink:

I didn’t realize homegauge was on FB, I’ll have to check that out as I’m head of the technical operations for us, lol. They’ve always been so great to work with though, love that company.

Gregory
I use VMware Fusion to run Windows on my Mac for the Homegauge software. I’ve been using it for over two years on my iMac and Macbook Pro without any hiccups.

Thanks for the info.

I’m using HG on a Mac Book Pro with 8 gigs running Parallels 11 and Windows 7. Never had a single issue, except figuring out where Windows stores my drawings and illustrations.

Gregory, You might want to check for compatibility between the versions of Parallels and Windows on your Mac. I purposely went with a barebones Win7 because I only use it for HG. I have never had any memory probs running only 8 gigs of memory. In fact, I can switch back and forth between operating systems instantly and seamlessly.