Free $20.00 for Canadians

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/foam-cash-class-action-settlement-free-20-foam-class-action-suit-payment-2132980/

FREE $20 @FOAM Class-Action Suit Payment

Deal Link:
http://www.foamclassaction.ca
Price:
FREE
Savings:
FREE $20
Expiry:
February 6, 2018
Retailer:
Foam For Cash Class-Action settlement
www.foamclassaction.ca
www.foamforcash.com

Canadians to get money back for purchase of flexible polyurethane foam and eligiblepolyurethane foam products as part of $38M class action settlement

Who is eligible for compensation?
You are automatically a class member and can complete a claim form if you:
• Live in Canada now or you lived in Canada between Jan. 1, 1999 and Jan. 10,2012
• And bought, in Canada, flexible polyurethane foam, eligible foam products orcarpet underlay made in Canada for personal, commercial, or manufacturing useduring the same time period.

Which products qualify?
A claim can be made for the purchase of flexible polyurethane foam made inCanada and for the purchase of the following eligible foam products, if made inCanada:
• Bed mattresses
• Upholstered office chairs
• Upholstered Armchairs
• Two-seat sofas
• Three-seat sofas and sectional sofas
• Carpet underlay
• Carpet pad
• Carpet cushion

How do I request money?
• To submit a claim simply fill out the online form and submit the requireddocumentation no later than [FONT=“Open Sans”]February 6th 2018**
• To file a claim please click here.
• For consumer claims, members of the same family living together must pooltogether their purchases in a single claim.

***“This type of claim requires either a proof of purchase or a photograph ofthe tag of one foam product for which you are making a claim, a tag that indicatesit was Made in Canada”, ideally between Jan. 1, 1999 andJan. 10, 2012

How much can I claim?
• For end consumers, the minimum amount you may be able to claim is 20, ormore, depending on the number and type of eligible Canadian foam products youpurchased. • You can either fill out a simplified claim form (to claim 20) or a standardclaim form (to claim more than 20$).
• Use the online calculator to decide which form is best for you.
• Manufacturers who purchased flexible polyurethane foam to make their productsand resellers who purchased flexible polyurethane foam or foam products forresale may also be entitled to compensation. They can fill out a standard claimform here.
• In all cases, the amounts received by class members will depend on the volumeand type of Canadian flexible polyurethane foam or eligible foam productspurchased as well as the volume of claimants.

For more questions see the FAQ page.
For complete details see the Distribution Protocol.

www.foamclassaction.ca
www.foamforcash.com[/FONT]

Interesting class action suite, Roy.
I have been waiting makers of spray foam to be held accountable for +5 years now.
Makers of Spray-Foam Insulation Named in Lawsuits, Federal lawsuits claiming that spray-polyurethane foam insulation is toxic and can sicken those who live in houses where it has been installed are pending in more than a half-dozen states as lawyers deal with an “avalanche” of complaints, a Florida attorney says.

Reported by CTV, Canadians have had success in 2015. A class-action lawsuit by homeowners against RetroFoam of Canada Inc., installers and suppliers of the product, and the Canadian government has been settled for $13 million. Under the settlement, each of the approximately 770 members of the suit gets roughly $10,000.

Sad…is anyones health really only worth $20?

Looks you are correct many do not have Fire Detectors or Carbon Monoxide Detectors .

I think it would be great if all new homes had sprinklers .

I put in a http://www.havenfiresafety.com/ in my kitchen .

At least small retirement homes can now get government (i.e. Taxpayer) funding to install/upgrade fire sprinklers in Ontario http://www.680news.com/2017/10/11/ontario-to-spend-20m-on-sprinkler-overhaul-for-small-retirement-homes-2/

A similar system has been in place for all residential properties, in the U.S., since 2015…Alas, our government apparently don’t think Residential properties are that much pf a concern. http://www.nfpa.org/news-and-research/news-and-media/press-room/news-releases/2015/nfpa-launches-home-fire-sprinkler-grant-program

The two caes you cite Robert are for different products. Both lawsuits are completely different from the $20 back deal mentioned by Roy in his OP.

The $20 back deal was because of a class action lawsuit on price fixing.

The SPF Class action was launched at the manufacturers of SPF, but as was in the case of UFFI identified to be an installation issue.

Once again, it is poor training, and installation practices that are tarring all SPF products with the same brush.

As per the first article you cited "“According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, after SPF is correctly applied and cured, it is considered to be relatively inert, which means the chemicals are finished reacting. "

The second article you cited was against Retro-Foam. This is a straight up illegal use of UFFI in Canada after the ban was put in place. Nothing to do with SPF.

Hope this puts the record straight.