Looking for feedback on two fronts...

Looking at purchasing a FLIR. E60. Anyone using the E60 and have any feedback to give?

Anyone besides me, have any Fluke thermal imaging firmware stories?

2 years ago, one year after purchasing my Fluke Ti300, I downloaded a third firmware update for my Ti300 that stop the Camera Nightlight from functioning.
I called Fluke, they said, “Sounds like a calibration issue.’ Send in the camera for calibration. Minimum, 3 weeks waiting time I pay shipping and handling.”
I did not. The camera was under warranty.
Next firmware update and everything functioned as usual.:roll:

Last year I dropped my Fluke Ti300 from a height of about ><20"". Below my knees.
It functioned. I was relieved to say the least.
8 months later the camera stopped functioning after I installed the fourth or fifth of that series firmware updates.
As well, my Fluke Ti100 received firmware update. After that firmware updated the focus was not aligned. Hmm?

I had a commercial and century home inspection back to back. I rented a Ti32 from Primo Instruments and sent my Ti300 infor calibration. $720.00. As well I owe shipping handling charges upon return.
Four weeks have passed and now Fluke states, “You have a major repair issue with your Ti300.”

OK. I dropped the camera but it is guaranteed for fall up to 6’ feet.
As well, it worked for 8 months after. Hmm?

Last week I received another firmware update for my Ti100. Now it is functioning better than when I purchased it. Hmm? Firmware strikes again.

I will likely not be purchasing a Fluke Infrared Camera in the near future. That you can count on. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

Total out of pocket so far, $720.00 plus the repair and shipping and handling fees I will be charged.
If the repair cost is to great, I will ask Fluke to send it back my Ti300 so I can throw it in Lac St. Louis or sell it for parts.

Hay Robert, buy a Flir One…

Quit trying to impress everyone with your equipment and vast knowledge of thermography!

That works for many here !

Amazing how low you travel to your little world that you hold so dear.
What the Delta T in that world by the way.

David, with all due respect, why even post your nonsense.

It’s a reflection of the nonsense that runs around here I guess.

To un-drift your thread, I was not aware of so many Fluke revisions. It is a real problem that makes you pull your hair out. I hate them. I have done a few firmware updates on my Flir’s and have never had any issues.

Unless your having an issue, I recommend you not revise firmware just because it is available. At least give it some time for others to have the failures and get them ironed out.

Revisions can be done by the mfg. when in for calibration if needed. Any problem then falls on them.

Thank you your adult response.
David, my IR equipment is basic as you well know. You think I should have spend $6,000 to educate on how to use it?

I have dealt with Fluke support for my equipment. Not what one would expect from a leading manufacturer. Very disheartening when firmware becomes an issue.

I remember Flir had various software issues when I was interested in purchasing my first IR camera. I almost bought a hacked Flir I4. Not my style. That is why I purchased a Fluke.

Now the Ti300 is $10,000 Canadian. You think I want to spend $10,000 again on a 240x180 resolution with no oversampling? Not in my lifetime.

They say hindsight is 20/20. Lets see what happens.

Best.
Robert

BTW: my OP was not directed at you. I was a farce to those that think they are OK with the Flir One and NACHI IR Training.

You are a self taught man, but you don’t jump off the cliff with the bunch that think there is nothing to the education and equipment required to say what they are saying in a business environment.

David, Flir One and NACHI IR Training ae what they are. Remember, “We are all on the same level.”
IMO, anything less than an accepted minimum resolution is wasting your money.

[quote=“dandersen, post:7, topic:120013”]

You are a self taught man, but you don’t jump off the cliff with the bunch that think there is nothing to the education and equipment required to say what they are saying in a business environment./QUOTE

I concur.

Story. I returned the Ti32 rental/loaner after airing my disapproval over the phone. The IR tech greeted me at the door asking me, what’s wrong with the camera?
I mistakenly had the camera set on ε. I stumbled for words. In the end he said, “We are all the same.” I knew what he meant as do you.

Time for me to make the time to communicate effectively and move up the ladder.

You are correct.

Flir One and NACHI IR Training are what they are. “We are all on the same level.” IMO, anything less than an accepted minimum resolution is wasting your money and time.

Story. I returned the Ti32 rental/loaner after airing my disapproval over the phone about how they are handling my file. I am displeased. The IR tech greeted me at the door asking me, what’s wrong with the camera? I mistakenly had the camera set on ε and could not reset to auto. I stumbled for words. In the end he said, “We are all the same.” I knew what he meant, as do you.

How you communicate in a business environment is essential. Time for me to make the time to communicate effectively and move up the ladder.

Best.
Robert