Seller inspection report download terms.

InterNACHI® Report Download Terms - InterNACHI

How does this work in California since the law there is much different than anywhere else?

This will be what people will need to agree with when buying a report from Nachi in 2018 for pre-listing? Will you be using fetchreport.com for selling and download the reports?

Well, the way I read that, the inspector can’t even remark on the presence of those concerns to CYA. Oh well, I guess that eliminates most every home older than… NEW!
[FONT=TimesNewRomanPS-BoldMT][size=2]
[/size][/FONT]

I doubt that sellers and agents in California will participate, even if it’s free.

Even if the one of the largest inspection companies is knee deep in the program now? I wonder how it’s working?:-k

What? You don’t think sellers and their agent will be jumping at the chance to repair and/or disclose all of the new-found defects? :shock::stuck_out_tongue:

Yes. No.

Agents are already bombarding me night and day for these leads. They’ll have their listings inspected for them. They’ll buy them. They’ll pay for the listing inspections for them. They’ll send hookers to your hotel room for them. They’ll do anything for them. Each homebuyer lead is worth a small fortune to an agent.

This whole Idea from its conception revolves around Data Collecting and The selling of that information. It’s so transparent a blind monkey can see through the sham.

The agents really play a small role in all of this other than to provide potential leads of properties to be inspected.

Think about all of the Information gathered from the inspection, (then prepared for sale and or use by 3r parties). All of the items that need a contractor to repair and at the specific address of where all this newly found leads come from…LOL Bling, Bling, follow the money people and look where it all ends up and who is making the BIG Profits of our work…

Sadly for the entire industry and all of us included this has a horrific negatives impact on all of our businesses. Think about how we all look to the public once they figure it all out ? We all look like low life scumbag data brokers collecting and selling contractor leads, personal data etc… to anyone willing to pay for it.

This is one of the most damaging shams to ever happen to the industry and all of us as Ethical and Professional Inspectors. We all market ourselves and our businesses as such and becoming data brokers will undoubtedly Damage that perception.

That is all my opinions based on how I see it.

Jim

Those types of companies have been releasing their clients private information to 3rd parties for a very long time, this is simply just more of the same.

Jim

Looks like it will cover it if a limited major systems (4 point) report was performed as I suggested, yes-no?
Addition/changes in RED. :slight_smile:

Only inspecting major systems on a prelisting will encourage a lot of buyers in getting their own home inspection. Not a bad idea, really. There will need to be a clause at the beginning of the report stating the same.

Jim K, the point isn’t to sell information in the report. The point is to capture hot real estate leads and allow InterNACHI members to pass them on to real estate agents who recommend InterNACHI members.

It’s time the inspection industry gets to the consumers first, before the agents. Let agents give office presentations to us.

Since The CA Bureau of Real Estate REQUIRES the listing agent and seller provide ANY inspections performed in the last 2 years, InterNACHI has nothing to sell. I do not see how this will work in CA. I know Elite who Nick is tight with says they will be rolling this out but how they will get past the BRE is beyond me.

Doing a pre inspection will not gain, (capture) any significant leads for inspectors. What it will do is “capture” a boatload for all you lead breakers and strategic partners alike 5to make bling off home inspectors once again.

Once the word gets out the inspection industry gets another negative strike against it and we, (the actual inspectors) get harmed.

That’s the real take on this silly idea.

Jim

Let’s say 25 homebuyers in your town, download an inspection report you did for 123 Maple Avenue. At most, only on of those homebuyers buys 123 Maple Avenue. The other 24, who now have, in their hands, an actual sample of the product you produce as a professional, with your inspection business contact information on it. Each of those 24 consumers now know you produce a robust report and each has your contact info. And something better… each of them are still looking for a home and are about to hire a home inspector. And even better, you have their contact information and they are all about to need a home inspector.

Can you explain why you think that doesn’t generate leads for inspectors? You do understand that it already has generated leads for inspectors, right?

[quote=“gromicko, post:17, topic:120334”]

Let’s say 25 homebuyers in your town, download an inspection report you did for 123 Maple Avenue. At most, only on of those homebuyers buys 123 Maple Avenue. The other 24, who now have, in their hands, an actual sample of the product you produce as a professional, with your inspection business contact information on it. Each of those 24 consumers now know you produce a robust report and each has your contact info. And something better… each of them are still looking for a home and are about to hire a home inspector. And even better, you have their contact information and they are all about to need a home inspector.

**Can you explain why you think that doesn’t generate leads for inspectors? You do understand that it already has generated leads for inspectors, right?/**QUOTE]

In the 1st place you have limited this thing to only those inspectors that you give the leads to and not 100% open to any and all willing inspectors to do is as they wish. Those very limited few that may have gotten a few leads from this are those same few that are cool with the selling and releasing of data collected by them and given to 3rd parties to make the real money from such data.

Next lets get real, this is all being done to collect data on needed home repairs to be sold to those in the repair world.

Nick tell me how this thing doesn’t supply 3rd parties in the repair world such as Porch leads to make money off of ?

You do understand this has already begun, don’t you?..

Jim

In the 1st place you have limited this thing to only those inspectors that you give the leads to and not 100% open to any and all willing inspectors to do is as they wish. Those very limited few that may have gotten a few leads from this are those same few that are cool with the selling and releasing of data collected by them and given to 3rd parties to make the real money from such data.

Next lets get real, this is all being done to collect data on needed home repairs to be sold to those in the repair world.

Nick tell me how this thing doesn’t supply 3rd parties in the repair world such as Porch leads to make money off of ?

You do understand this has already begun, don’t you?..

Jim

I do not know how many times some of the people on this board are going to ask the same questions over and over and over again.

Further more how many times NICK has to answer that question and have it fall on deaf ears.
I believe from my understanding this is being falsely called FREE LISTING INSPECTIONS.

------NICK Please chime in and correct me if I am wrong-------

Pre listing Inspection Program.

1. InterNACHI is going to operate the report download system, (Goal is to identify prospective buyers)
  2. InterNACHI will cover the cost of the pre listing inspection to “jump start” the program in your local market. (they are only going to pay for a couple to get you started.)
  3. Agents and Brokers see a clear line of possible buyers leads generated from the report download. (As Nick said only 1 is going to buy the house that leaves X buyers looking for a home)
  4. Inspector gives access of the buyer leads to their choice of agent. (This creates reciprocity, Agent wants more leads and can get them from Inspector.)
  5. Agent wants to have more listing inspections completed to gain access to more buyers leads. (Now the Agent or Broker is paying for the inspection NOT InterNACHI)
  6. Inspector markets the program to more Agents and Brokers.

Why will Agents and Brokers want to pay for you to do a PreInspection.
Access to a buyer lead. (Provided by the inspector.) You can not sell a house without a buyer.