U.S. EPA Approves InterNACHI as Accredited Training Provider

InterNACHI has been accredited by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to offer Renovation, Repair and Painting training at the InterNACHI House of Horrors® and classrooms throughout the United States to members who want to become U.S. EPA Certified Renovators.

InterNACHI’s Renovator Initial Course, EPA-approved for purposes of certification under Section 402 of TSCA, is a combination of a 6-hour of online course (free and online for members) and 2 hours of hands-on training (for a fee).

In general, anyone who is paid to perform work that disturbs paint in housing and child-occupied facilities built before 1978 must be certified. Become a U.S. EPA Certified Renovator webpage provides information on how to become a Certified Renovator.

I am certified for HVACR do I need more?

I am certified for HVACR do I need more?
Jim Bowline northstateinspections@yahoo.com or
jim@northstateinspections.org

Hi, Jim. Do you need more to do what?

If I wasn’t to do just testing I would still need the 8 hour course? Will this course be offered in Florida any time soon?

Correct. It’s an 8 hour course. EPA doesn’t cut it down shorter.

Yes. It will be offered in Florida soon. Possibly May or June.

What dates are available in January, I will be in close to boulder January 4-9th , can I take the 2 hour then?

We do not have any classes for January. We had one in April. We’ll have some more classes soon in both Colorado and Florida.

Will you be having any classes in the Detroit Michigan area/

Possibly. It’s up to the local Chapter there. InterNACHI provides resources for members to create and manage their own local Chapters using Form your own InterNACHI(R) Chapter. It costs you nothing. - InterNACHI