Wind Mitigation Inspection Form

Hello,

I would like some advice when on properly completeing the 1802 wind inspection form.

Question 1:
I have inspected several properties in Miami-Dade and Broward (HVHZ) which I cannot find a roof permit **nor **does the building department have one. Note: the homes where older home build in 1950-1970

Therefore, my first question is, when a roof permit cannot be found after consulting with the building department and through independent research. Is is appropriate to mark item 2D) of the OIR-B1-1802 form?

Question 2:

Also, can someone provide clarification of section one (1) Building Code of OIR-B1-1802. It seem to me that if I inspect a property in Miami-Dade or Broward County which are HVHZ how can I confirm that a home was build in SFBC-94 so that Im confidently able to mark 1B) on the form?

Otherwise, I feel comfortable marking 1C) which is "Unknown or does not meet the requirements of Answer “A” or “B”

Thank you all for your time and help. It is greatly appreciated.

Best,

J. Tanner
GT Inspections

I do not want to offend but you should take Dennis B’s. course for all the best tips and such.

I think he will be speaking at the HOH II Grand Opening.

Fabi has a class every quarter, Manny offers a class, Glenn Stevens has a class, Nachi has a online class, even Inspection world has a class.

Facebook see link below