Thread: Flir c2
View Single Post

Old 2/5/18, 6:55 PM
Registered InterNACHI Member

Default Re: Flir c2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adefoyd View Post
My budget tops out at $700 for this purchase. Primarily, I am looking to identify water penetration.
Anthony:

If you are looking to have a thermal imager that serves as an adjunctive tool to your home inspections, you may find the C2 to be adequate to your needs. Keep in mind that this imager is an entry level instrument that does not meet published standards due to its relatively low resolution.

The C2 is designed to provide imaging of sizeable targets at nominal distances. Examples would include, but not be limited to: walls, ceilings, doors, and windows of a home; wall and floor areas around sinks, toilets, and bathtubs/showers; radiators and HVAC vents; and electrical panels and devices.

Prior to purchasing any thermal imager I would offer two suggestions:

1) Physically try the imager under the same conditions you will likely encounter in the future.

2) Consider taking an infrared training course before making an equipment purchase. Doing so will expose you to other applications that you may not have considered as well as how to turn thermal imaging into a significant revenue stream. With a quality instrument and effective marketing, a qualified thermographer can gross in excess of $200,000 annually.

Normally priced at $995, Infrared Inspections for Home & Buiding Inspectors is available to InterNACHI members for only $295. Because it is a web-based course, you are able to take your training 24/7 from the convenience of your home or office without incurring travel expense or losing billable time.

You are welcome to contact me directly should you require additional information. My numbers are listed below.

Jim Seffrin, Director

Infraspection Institute

425 Ellis Street
Burlington, NJ 08016
609-239-4788

MasterThermographer.com
SuccessIRies.com
IRINFO.ORG
IRINFOConference.com

Last edited by jseffrin; 2/6/18 at 9:53 PM..