InterNACHI narrative template and Inspectit

Hello,

I am a student inspector and am in the process of doing my practice inspections and reports. I have the InterNACHI narratives with template and I have been reading about how it is utilized with other software and was curious if it could be used with Inspectit. I know with the software I can add the narratives in manually to the pre-loaded narrative list, but it would be quite time consuming. I did not know if there was an easier way. Thanks for any advice in advance. Have a great day.

How do you like Inspector?
I use HomeHubZone (the paid version that doesn’t solicite my clients)

I have never read the INACHI narratives.
How do you like those?

The preloaded narratives in HHZ are poor. I just sucked it up, grabbed my books & wrote my own. A few hours a day for a few weeks & I have around 800 narratives.

There is a Nachi narrative template for Homegauge. That’s the only one I’m familiar with. It’s great.

Home Inspector Pro + Nachi narratives is a good start for a new inspector.

Thanks guys,

I actually bought Inspectit when I finished the AHIT classroom training. They offered a deal available to students at the end of it which looking back was just a sales pitch for their products. They made us decide that day to get the discount. I did not know any better at that point. I should have done more research ahead of time but I was new to all of this. Hindsight is always 20/20. I then found InterNACHI while looking at ASHI, which they recommended, and have been blown away ever since. I knew I would need some help getting started with my reports which is why I bought the narratives from Inspector Outlet. I have been using/customizing them in my reports. I am so glad I did.

I noticed there was a drop down set for use with software and am familiar with the software it works with based on what I have read on here. I just didn’t know if there were any Inspecit users using them. Basically I have been pulling them up with microsoft word and looking at them while writing my report on my Ipad. I didn’t know if I could integrate them into the software as in the drop down list without manually adding every one. It looks like I can’t. I am willing to add them each manually, even though it will take awhile, to speed up the report writing process later. All a work in progress I guess. I also know that with experience, the report writing process will get easier. Thanks again, and Happy Easter.

Inspect it is ok I guess. I do not have experience with any other software to compare. It is very glitchy and slow, and I wanted to do several customizations from the start and was told I could not do any of them from tech support. It has a checklist style template which covers all of the bases, and will not let you proceed if not completed with the section you are in which is good for new inspectors like me. I also know things will speed up with experience. I am content with it for now, but see myself outgrowing it eventually.

Horizon is very Good

I use InspectIt and like it a lot. I just wish their website gave more support videos.

The InterNACHI Narrative Library is available in different formats. As digital, customized templates that download immediately into:

• HomeGauge
  • Home Inspector Pro, or
  • Spectora,
    with digital templates under development for Spectacular, EZ Inspect, and WhisperReporter.

…they don’t affect the way any of these software programs work. With each, when the program is opened, the Library template appears as one more template choice that has a lot more narratives (7,500) than any other templates.

For Inspectors using software other than those mentioned above (including Inspect it), the Library is also available as a collection of Word documents, or as a searchable Excel spreadsheet. You can copy narratives from either version and paste them into any inspection software.

When you buy any version of the Library you also get a collection of about 40,000 words of inspection reference material (also written by Library author Kenton Shepard) in a collection of organized Word documents.

Hi Thomas,

I’m curious to see where you are at now with the InspectIT and the Internachi narratives. I also got suckered into purchasing InspectIT during the AHIT classroom training (training was good, InspectIT not). I’m still on my practice inspections and haven’t even started paid inspections yet, but I’m thinking of jumping ship already and buying Spectora and the Internachi narratives in the Spectora template. I thought about copying and pasting the narratives into InspectIT but it just seemed too much work considering I was getting what I want from InspectIT anyway. So anyways, I’m curious…are you still with InspectIT? did copy and paste the narratives and was it worth doing that? Or did you change to a different software early on?

You may be better off doing that, Alexandra…just my opinion.

Check with, Jeff Pope. He will give you trial time to see if you like his reporting software, as will others.

And, he is an outstanding inspector!

To be honest I tried Spectacular - I didn’t like the app interface. Too busy, not streamlined enough. Spectora seems too be hitting all my checks - even though at first I thought extra features meant reports that were too busy.

Never mind I thought Jeff Pope made Spectacular…well I tried Inspector Nexus and it takes a long time updating just to open and it seemed like it took a while to get to the inspection testing. Also read a review that someone left spectora for inspector nexus because of cost and said he missed spectora somewhat although he did compliment inspector nexus. I think it could be a great program just like spectora but just isn’t there yet. How long ago did inspector nexus get first released.

Alexandra, ask Jeff: :smile:

Well just figured you’d know since you seem to know him well. Lol

Always best to go to the horses mouth. Plus, he said he’d give double the trial, now. :grin:

Jeff perfected the on site and done reporting software. Tell him I said to contact him.

1 Like

The InterNACHI Narrative Library is a collection of about 7,500 narratives. It’s available as fully-built custom templates for 6 different inspection software companies, and as a collection of Word documents and a searchable Excel spreadsheet.
Narratives from the Word and Excel versions can be copied and pasted into any software.
It comes with about 40,000 words of reference material.

1 Like

This software is an AHIT SCAM to take your money!! They will offer it to you at their classes (to people who have most likely never used software before), tell you how it does everything you can imagine, show you a few demos, and then “offer you a heavy discount”. I paid somewhere in the range of $400-$600 for this program and I feel ripped off every time I think about it! I have been inspecting since 2015 and have used 4 different software programs. AHIT’s InspectIT is by far the worst. Compared side by side InspectIT does not stand up to others in terms of ease of use, the ability to customize or working on a desktop. I have tried using it numerous times throughout the years and I ALWAYS go back to another program. DO NOT BUY THIS SOFTWARE UNTIL YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH OTHER SOFTWARE, and even then…think 3 times!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

1 Like

Good info to share, John. Many here have had your same experience.

Also, welcome to our forum!..Enjoy! :smile: