View Single Post

Old 4/22/18, 6:59 PM
Unregistered

Please Note: is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.
Default Re: Dura-Pex (NIBCO)Problems

We built our house in 2007 in Rock Hill, SC. We have had multiple leaks and repairs over the years; major leak in 2015 under ceramic tiles in kitchen (slab foundation). So far this year, we have had 3 separate leaks in less than 3 months, two that have been located within a few feet from the hot water heater. We have received two quotes for re-plumbing the house. The second quote was thousands of dollars less. This plumber informed me that he has had many calls to homes in the area with the same problem and over the years his crew has developed a technique that is much less invasive to re-plumb/replace piping in whole house, which means less damage in walls, floors, etc.
With a previous leak, a different plumber had recommended installing a hot water heater expansion tank which I will plan to have installed very soon as I am still in the middle of having repairs done. Hopefully that will buy us some time as we start saving money to get the whole house re-plumbed some time in the near future. Anyone in the Rock Hill/Charlotte area who needs a plumber to re-plumb their house, please contact me and I can give you his name and contact info.

I AM ALSO TRYING TO RESEARCH A CLASS ACTION AGAINST CPI DURA PEX AS THIS HAS COST US THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS. ANYONE WITH ANY NEW INFO OR UPDATES, PLEASE SHARE. THANK YOU!