I need photos of defects found on commercial inspections.

Any kind of commercial building, any system, any defect. This is for CCPIA courses. Photos will be used in a manner that prevents location/identification.
Especially looking for photos of roof problems right now.
Photo will be given to any photos used.

Kenton
(720) 646-8724
kenton@internachi.org

Will credit be given to owner? We are swamped right now… but I have a ton of them in my archives.

roof stuff :slight_smile:

roof surface lifetd1.jpg

roof surface lifetd2.jpg

roof surface lifetd3.jpg

Kenton said he wants defects, Marc. :p:cool::shock:

It’s not a roof, but it’s a big defect.

5,000 kVA oil filled transformer with no oil supplying power to an induction welder at a 900,000 sqft drill pipe manufacturing plant. They shut the plant down for a period the following day to replace it.

These images were created and are copyrighted by me. Kenton - you have permission to use them for your project. I would appreciate, attribution if you do use them, but do not require it of you.

Yes, credit will be given to contributors, Dave. I’ll remove or block anything that might show the location of the structure.

Yes, credit will be given to contributors, Dave. I’ll remove or block anything that might show the location of the structure.

Wow! Killer stuff Chuck, thank you! I’ll be happy to give you credit.

Here’s a few roof defects. Have plenty more.

More

Couple more

Last but not least, one of my favorites

Defect drain.JPG

1 Like

If anyone wants to send me bulk photos, I’ll send you an SD card or thumb drive and a self-addressed stamped envelope.

Peter, #4… are those eels?

That was my first reaction also!! :shock:

Minnesota 1 of 2

Minnesota 2 of 2.

Can dig some more tomorrow.

Lol, no that’s just the way the roof wrinkled but it looks like it doesn’t it.
If you want I can put all those images in a zip file and email them to you.

Thanks Jeff!
I’m assuming that’s long-term freeze damage to mortar coping as the result of EPDM failure.

I’m kinda curious through, the deterioration is pretty uniform but I would expect it to be concentrated in areas where the EPDM failed first, unless over a long enough time period it all reaches the same state.

Also, it seems to be worse on the inside. Could heat and moisture from inside the structure rising along the underside of the membrane have contributed to mortar deterioration?

Any thoughts?

Here is a standing seam roof that was hit by a tree…