Questions of the week of 08/03/18

Welcome to another round of Questions of The Week!

Questions of the week:**

Introduction and requirements:

A member of the Award Committee will post a question, at a random day/time.

A competing member may make one post per question thread to answer the question and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

Winnings will be limited to no more than 3 times in a given year, the objective is to allow as many Members a chance to win as possible.
Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers
or giving hints/references will cause a disqualification.

So please refrain from participating if you have already won in the maximum for the Year.

First correct answer (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Question) wins.

The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Good luck inspectors!

1. Thermography (Infrared Imagining) works because it finds:
    a. Water
    b. Fire
    c. Radiant heat
    d. Structural damage

2. Home Inspectors are supposed to report on

a. Code violations
b. Asbestos
c. Condition of the mechanical systems
d. All of the above

1. A 12/12 pitch roof means

a. 12 squares of shingles
b. 12 feet of run and 12 feet of width
c. 12 inches of height to 12 inches of width
d. All of the above

1. A wall is usually considered unsafe if it leans to such an extent that a plumb line passing through its center of gravity does not fall inside the middle one-third of its base?

a. V-1 rule
b. V-2 rule
c. V-3 rule
d. V-4 rule

C
C
C
C

I suspect your wording is OFF in #3… Width vs Depth… What does Roof Pitch Mean?|DCI Products

Don’t make me get the ‘Green Guy’ out!! :wink:

I have to agree with JJ :wink:

1c
2c
3c
4c

C, c, c, c

Yeah ok Jeff and Dave. But you got them in spite of my shortcomings. I think the guys who learn the most are the guys who ask the questions.

So then Jeffrey, if I asked you to get me a 1st fix saw would you bring me a:

a. Hacksaw
b. Coping saw
c. Handsaw
d. Miter saw

Answer without using Google.
Get it right and I’ll send some fresh roasted coffee beans.
Your word is good enough.

Sorry… I don’t do ‘carpenter’ humor! But knowing you, the answer prolly is “C”! :wink:

No, I didn’t Google it, but I did just now… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50j-Pt-ky3U)

C handsaw!

See, you would have got it but “prolly” doesn’t count.

I’ll do this again with the coffee.

Right, but that was aimed at Jeffrey.

Just for kicks. I agree with Jeff. Just read the question and that is what came to mind. Handsaw…Not sure what that says about you Paul������

C handsaw!!

Fine, be that way, but you’re buying lunch next week! :wink:

1 c
2 d
3 c
4 c

Sure its a handsaw. What’s ?? for about that Roy?

As far as answering prolly C, do you know any game shows you you can say prolly? So that’s where my logic comes from.

c,c,b,c

Don’t sweat over it Paul. Roy’s just being how I am/was to you! :wink:

Besides, I prefer Longbottoms! Got addicted to it when I lived in Starbuck’s territory! Retail and Wholesale Coffee Longbottom Coffee and Tea

No problem, I like Roy and as they say down South “Bless his heart”! :mrgreen:

To bad you can’t get the proper ‘accent’ to come through on the internet! :razz: