Stack n Tack stone veneer siding

Pretty slick. Not sure about cost comparisons, but this stuff looks like it would solve a lot of the installation issues. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u2FhEt5AQM)

[quote=“jfrederick, post:1, topic:125974”]

Pretty slick. Not sure about cost comparisons, but this stuff looks like it would solve a lot of the installation issues. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Its going to leak I make expert witness money on that stuff. Blowing rain will get between those panels I would make book on it.:wink: BTW we call it lick and stick

I like it. But no mortar between them?

I would like to inspect one of those in Okla weather after about 5 years old;-)

CB ! Shut up!
It ain’t gonna leak if properly installed…
Go change ur’ depends…Yep!

Its old con artist like you that don’t know sickum from cum here that keeps me in business. Properly installed is the key word

I think one could look at this as 3-dimensional shingle siding. From that angle, instead of a masonry product, I kind of dig them!

The concept looks sound. Should be as waterproof as fiber-cement.

HOWEVER, it will never gain acceptance in the marketplace. You’re wrapping the entire house in metal AND stone. it has to be more than double the cost of conventional pre-cast stone.

Yes! But it appears to be less labor intensive.

Will it attract lightening??? Two houses side by side. One has this on it. Which one gets hit? :ack!:

Yeah, but if the lick and stick stuff all has to get ripped off or installed how it should be, the costs should even out :wink:

The vertical cracks are over lapped in the video but the cracks horizontally between the sections did not appear to be sealed and one layer of tyvec does not keep moisture out. I would not install it on my house

The panels overlap horizontally just like fiber-cement, hardboard and wood lap siding. Would you put fiber-cement on your home?

I think you need to view the video again, I see one stack setting right on top of the next one with no mortar. What’s to keep the horizontal rain from traveling in and then penetrating the vertical cracks between the metal. Am I missing something here. It just don’t smell right to me.

Looks pretty sound to me. With good supervision it could be installed with cheap low skill labor.

Stone or faux stone panels, are bonded with thinset masonry just like a brick. Back panel can be at times bonded to a weather resistant resistant backer substrate, 1/2" Fiber Cement Panel or directly atop concrete or CMU.

Water proofed stack stone and rehung faux marble from a 1956 church. Hung by copper wire to CMU.

They only way I could be convinced that a wall of that junk would not leak to the interior is if I could personally test the inner wall after a 70+ MPH wind blown rain was tested against the exterior wall. 70 to 90 MPH wind blown rain in a Okla thunderstorm is not uncommon. I have tested many wet walls that were supposed to be water proof. I am not from Missouri but you still have to show me the proof. ;-):wink:

All revolutionary building materials started somewhere.

Yip this is true but look at EFIS and it still has its problems

Well, EIFS was originally intended to be installed over masonry structures. And yes, although EIFS has improved significantly when installed over wood structures, there still are issues.

I do think, however, that most of the problems today are due to poor design and/or improper installation practices.