Doug Ford

Doug Ford axes the Ontario Green Energy Program

Doug Ford axes the Ontario participation in Cap & Trade Program

Maybe Doug Ford will axe the Ontario Home Inspector Licensing Program?

Bryce I think you are great looks to me like The home inspectors licensing is not going to happen .

christmas.png

christmas.png

christmas.png

This province can’t afford the cost, thanks to Wynn and her band of crooks. Like it though. :slight_smile:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Cheers

It would be political suicide for Ford to axe the program now as it was approved by all parties. Things are going well to the best of my knowledge. The DAA has been appointed and ironing out all the wrinkles… It’s still a wait and see!

Scott That was 20 months ago .
We have a new government now and they have thrown out a lot of laws
I expect home inspection is also gone .

Home Inspection Act finally passed: Property Law

By [FONT=“Calibri”]Bob Aaron](Bob Aaron)[/FONT]Property law [FONT=“Merriweather Sans”]

[FONT=“Merriweather Sans”]Sat., May 6, 2017 [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Cambria]The Ontario government last month finallypassed legislation to regulate the home inspection industry and establishqualifications for home inspectors. [/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria]The Home Inspection Act 2017 establishesminimum standards for home inspection contracts, home inspection reports,disclosures and the performance of home inspections. [/FONT]
Under the new law, anyone performing a home inspection must belicensed and insured. (Tracy Hanes) [FONT=Cambria]er the new law, anyone performing a home inspection must be licensed andinsured. A written contract with the homeowner must be signed, and a writtenreport has to be delivered after the inspection. [/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria]Until now, anyone with a flashlight and abusiness card could hold himself or herself out as a home inspector. Without anyrules for training, competence, insurance or oversight, the field was truly theWild West.[/FONT]

Read more:[FONT=“Merriweather Sans”][FONT=Arial][FONT=Cambria]Regulating Ontario’s homeinspectors is taking too long: Aaron](Regulating Ontario’s home inspectors is taking too long: Aaron)[/FONT]
[FONT=Cambria]Although the new law has received RoyalAssent, it will not come into effect until the government drafts and proclaimsregulations to implement the details of the legislation. [/FONT]

[/FONT]**
[/FONT]**

[FONT=Cambria]A regulating authority like the Law Societyor the Real Estate Council of Ontario will be established by governmentregulation to oversee the profession. [/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria]Requirements for errors and omissionsinsurance will be implemented, and a code of conduct enacted to govern the conductof registered inspectors. A discipline committee and an appeal committee willbe established by regulation to enforce compliance. [/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria]A government announcement noted that thesechanges will ensure that consumers benefit from quality advice, are protectedfrom surprise costs and are aware of safety issues before buying a home.[FONT=Arial]

[/FONT][/FONT]

Roy, hope you’re well. This updated post is timely, Cam just wrote an article about SOP’s and made some comments about how the government promised this to consumers. Made me think he may have a reason to believe it may not happen.

POLL: Majority Of Canadians Oppose The Trudeau Carbon Tax - Spencer Fernando

Great info but I expect the Canadians who are on this forum just might know a lot more that goes on in our County then you do .
We have know this info from Spencer Fernando quite a while .
Thanks for your interest in Canada .
Roy Cooke

Are you saying the poll is wrong or just you?

no we too have people like you who feel that they are smarter then the scientist’s .

You mean the majority realize they are being abused just like the French did.

Got it.

LOL And Mikey has turned to criticize Canada , Why because has run out of excuses for trump , Great at deflection

No. because unless Canadians are total wooses they may do what the French did.

And what was that threaten to separate . Btw Canadians have never been Woos-es . Just ask anyone that fought along the side of them , and who are always ready to help others in a crisis and yes remember who took in many Americans on 911.

An oasis of kindness on 9/11: This town welcomed 6,700 strangers amidterror attacks

GANDER, Newfoundland — They still don’t know what all the fuss is about.
Sixteen years ago, this small Canadian town on an island in the NorthAtlantic Ocean took in nearly 6,700 people –
almost doubling its population – when the Sept. 11, 2001,
terror attacks in New York andWashington forced 38 planes to land here.
Theirsimple hospitality to the unexpected house guests drew worldwide accolades andeven inspired a Broadway musical.
“Everyonelooks at us and says that’s an amazing thing that you did, and the bottom lineis I don’t think it was an amazing thing,
I think it was the right thing you do,” saysDiane Davis, 53, a now-retired teacher who helped 750 people housed at thetown’s elementary school.
Ina world today seemingly fraught with division, terrorism and hate, they’ddo it all over again. Kindness is woven into the very fabric of theirnature —
theydon’t know any other way to live.
“Whatwe consider the most simple thing in life is to help people,” says Mayor ClaudeElliott, who retires this month after serving as the town’s leader for 21years.
“You’re not supposed to look at people’scolor, their religion, their sexual orientation — you look at them aspeople.”
An aerial viewof the town of Gander. (Photo: Jasper Colt, USA Today)
Togive you a glimpse of life here, start with this: Many Ganderites don’t lockthe doors to their homes or cars. Everyone says hello to everyone. People knowtheir neighbors.
“My love” or “my dear” adorn every othersentence — except the Newfie accent makes the “my” sound like “me.”
Still,there’s a wariness here: Not for the town itself, nor its future, nor theanchor of civility it represents. Instead, there’s a concern for the rest ofthe world,
especially the U.S., as it faces terrorism,rogue nations and violent protests in the streets.
“I’mscared at the way we’re going and what the world will look like in 10years,” says Elliott, 67. “If we keep on going, we’re going to set our worldback 100 years.”
A sinking feeling

When GarryTuff, then acting manager of safety and security for emergency responseservices at Gander International Airport, saw the second plane hit the WorldTrade Center,
heknew his town of 10,000 people would be impacted.
The airport here marks the closest pointbetween Europe and the U.S. and is a preferred emergency landing spot formedical and other emergencies.
The38 planes came “fast and furious” into the airport a short while later.
Afterfiguring out how to park all the planes, some of which later started sinkinginto the pavement because of their weight and the warm temperatures,
officials spent the next 24hours unloading luggage and people. Passengers faced intense scrutiny asthey passed through customs. “Everybody was a suspect,”
saysDes Dillon, 75, then the manager of the Canadian Red Cross in Gander.

DesDillon, a longtime Red Cross volunteer and the Chairman of the Gander AirportAssociation outside his home in Gander. (Photo: Jasper Colt, USA Today)

Buteveryone was a guest, too. Beyond the basics of food and water, some passengerson board needed medicine. Many left prescriptions in checked, inaccessibleluggage.
Pharmacists in town worked around the clock,calling dozens of countries to fill prescriptions.
Then,there were the smokers on board, unable to get a fix for hours. “We boughtevery bit of nicotine gum that was in town,” Tuff says.
Welcome toGander, casserole city

Tosay this town of 10,000 people and its surrounding communities welcomed thepassengers and crew from nearly 100 countries with open arms is anunderstatement.
Thetown all but shut down for the “plane people,” inspiring theTony-award winning Broadway musical Come From Away.
“Wedid not know how we would be affected, if these people were staying, if thepeople who were coming were good people or not so good people,” says LindaSweetapple,
54,business manager and partner at Sweetapple Accounting Group. “We just knew thatwe had to make room for them and take care of them.
Theywere here, and they needed our help.”
Asthe planes, still packed with passengers, sat for hours at the airport,the town bustled with activity. Volunteers readied makeshift shelters— every school, gym, community center,
church and camp, any place that could fit aplaneload of people. Gander’s 500 hotel rooms were reserved for pilots andflight crews.
Busdrivers in the middle of a nasty strike laid down picket signs. Donationsof toiletries, clothes, toys, towels, toothbrushes, pillows, blankets and beddingpiled up.
Forsecurity reasons, passengers weren’t allowed to take checked bags.
Ganderresidents began cooking — a lot.
Grocerystore shelves went bare. The Walmart ran out of nearly everything— underwear was a particularly hot commodity —
andthe local hockey rink transformed into the world’s largest refrigerator.
“Itwas like casserole city,” says Reg Wright, 43, president and CEO of GanderInternational Airport.
Gander Newfoundland: a special little town
The Gander International Airport is quiet on a rainymorning. Sixteen years ago, this small town took in nearly 6,700 people,
almost doubling its population when 38 planes weregrounded here in the aftermath of the Sept. 11 terror attacks on the U.S. In aworld today torn apart by division,
terrorism and hate, they’d do it all over again. Kindnessis woven into the very fabric of their nature —they don’t know any other way tolive. Jasper Colt, USA TODAY
Gander residents start their day along Airport Boulevard,one of the main roads through town. On Sept. 11, 2001, nearly 7,000 airpassengers were rerouted to Gander,
Newfoundland,where they stayed until U.S. airspace was opened again. Jasper Colt, USA TODAY
Dave and Queen Blundon hosted a family of threepassengers who were stranded in Gander on Sept. 11. They still keep in touchwith the family. Jasper Colt, USA TODAY

What we consider the most simple thing in life is to helppeople, says Mayor Claude Elliott, who retires this month after serving as thetown’s leader for 21 years. Jasper Colt, USA TODAY
Airplanes line up on the runway in Gander, Newfoundland,on Sept. 12, 2001. Thirty-eight planes carried in 6,600 passengers as they werediverted after the Sept. 11 attacks. AP
After figuring out how to park all the planes, some ofwhich later started sinking into the pavement, airport officials, the Red Crossand Canadian police spent the next 24
hours unloadingthe aircraft and helping those stuck on the tarmac.
Passengers facedintense scrutiny and as they passed through customs in the wake of the attacks.“Everybody was a suspect,” says Des Dillon, 75,
the manager of theCanadian Red Cross in Gander on 9/11. Jasper Colt, USA TODAY

Ontario H.I. Licensing - Delayed, perhaps, but not forgotten!

I was just thinking about you the other day when I stumbled on the thread, Claude. I thought to myself, if anyone knows it’s Claude Lawrenson.
Thank you.

Happy holidays to you and your family.
Best regards.
Robert

Funny you should mention that, Claude. Same deal here in Québec! The new Government wants it BUT no hurry…All the best for 2019!
G