List choice or multiple narratives?

Which do you prefer in Spectora; A single narrative in which you choose from a list to complete a narrative (like the one in red), or a series of complete narratives from which you can pick one (blue and black)?

Exterior Stair location: These exterior stairs were located at/near the _____.

Exterior Stairs Stair Location - Front: This set of exterior stairs was located at the front of the home.
Exterior Stairs Stair Location - Rear: This set of exterior stairs was located at the rear of the home.
Exterior Stairs Stair Location - Left side: This set of exterior stairs was located at the left side of the home.
Exterior Stairs Stair Location - Right side: This set of exterior stairs was located at the right side of the home.

[quote=“kshepard, post:1, topic:127756”]

Which do you prefer in Spectora; A single narrative in which you choose from a list complete a narrative (like the one in red), or a series of complete narratives from which you can pick one (blue and black)?

Exterior Stair location: These exterior stairs were located at/near the _____.

Exterior Stairs, Stair Location - Front: This set of exterior stairs was located at the front of the home.
Exterior Stairs, Stair Location - Rear: This set of exterior stairs was located at the rear of the home.
Exterior Stairs, Stair Location - Left side: This set of exterior stairs was located at the left side of the home.
Exterior Stairs, Stair Location - Right side: This set of exterior stairs was located at the right side of the home.

Doesn’t anyone have a preference?

Not exactly sure what your asking?

He’s asking if people want fill in the blank type narrative where you can enter the location, etc, manually, or if people would prefer multiple of the same narrative with different locations, etc, already placed in them.

If I was using Spectora, I would want the red one because there often are more than one exterior set of stairs or whatever. So, I could add to the suggested narrative beginning by reporting …were located at/near the front right corner and the rear of the house…for example.

It’s a bunch of mumbo jumbo and/or a bad example just to note where the heck exterior stairs are located? lol.

Spectora has location tags - easy peasy.

e.g. Exterior stairs appeared to built by a 3rd grader - safety concern. Have repaired by a blah, blah, blah

Thank you Junior.

I’m creating the InterNACHI Narrative Library Template for Spectora.

Spectora folks are suggesting I try to reduce the size of the Library, so I’ll be deleting full narratives like the ones in black and blue and using lists where possible.

I would second the use of location tags in Spectora when at all possible. It would reduce a lot of redundancy.

Also, have you considered getting feedback from the Spectors FB user group? You will have a much more eager and responsive group there. Not many use this group on NACHI.

I would say the first narrative with out the blank. Spectora has location tags but it does not fill in a blank.

Handrails at one or more flights of stairs were damaged, loose and/or wobbly. This is a safety hazard. Recommend that a qualified person repair as necessary.

As Patrick stated, go to Spectora’s User FB group. You’ll get a ton of input.

Hope this helps

You’re welcome Kenton.

That has turned out to be good advice, Patrick.
I hadn’t realized that you can’t link a specific (limited) set of multiple choices to a specific comment. Apparently all the multiple choices appear under the title of “Location” and you have to choose from a big long list of choices, many of which don’t apply to the comment you want to use.

As I said in post 6.
It really works great in the field. I’ve got all the ones I use the most towards the top, which makes it really simple. I could show you a screenshot of my location tags if that would help you any?

Thanks Joshua, but I decided not to add much to the default. I think that’s something most guys will want to edit to their own preference.