Questions of the week of 02/10/19

Welcome to another round of Questions of The Week!

Questions of the week:**

Please Read the Introduction and requirements, changes may have been made.

A member of the Award Committee will post a question, at a random day/time.

A competing member may make one post per question thread to answer the question and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

Winnings will be limited to no more than five times in a given year, the objective is to allow as many Members a chance to win as possible.
This week we’re opening it up to more members!
Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers or giving hints/references will cause a disqualification.

So please refrain from participating if you have already won in the maximum for the Year.

First correct answer (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Question) wins.

The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

If no correct answers, the responses may then be open to others at a time determined by the committee.

Good luck!

The questions**

1. Which statement is false? A drone operator **

a. Must not fly the drone faster than 100 MPH ground speed
b. Must not fly the drone higher than 1000 ft above ground level.
c. Must not fly the drone with visibility less than 3 statute miles
d. The minimum distance from clouds must be no less than 500 feet below a cloud and no less than 2000 feet horizontally from the cloud.

2. Drone use is not allowed within a 15 mile radius of
a. A military base
b. State capital buildings
c. Airports
d. All of the above

1. A minimum grade of _______ is required to pass FAA’s Part 107 exam**

a. 65%
b. 70%
c. 75%
d. 80%

4. You can fly a drone over people if you have written consent from the people (may have more than one correct answer)

a. Yes, as long as you have written proof of consent.
b. No, you cannot legally fly over people consent or not
c. Yes, if the people have overhead protection like an awning or shelter roof
d. Yes if flying inside an enclosed space

Bump!

1. B
  2. B
  3. B
  4. A & c

I guess we will find out who is qualified to fly a Drone Paul.
Those are good questions.

1 b
2 c
3 b
4 a, d

B
E US Capital Building

B
A c
:lol:

B
D
b
a & c

Question 4 has 2 correct answers based on the 2018 version of the 107. There is a 2016 version all over the internet as well as state rules. This is a tough question and I will defend my source. In retrospect I wish I had chosen a different question but it is a legitimate question.

Good questions Paul! Thanks for your time!

Yep!

Good ones Paul!

Thanks you guys. I always enjoy challenging the pros.

1. b
  2. a
  3. b
  4. b, c

I agree Dave - I picked what I felt was the next best option!:slight_smile:

I have to cancel this group of questions

I apologize but I found conflicting information from the FAA site as well as language that said the rules can be interpreted.

I apologize for this but its not fair to you when you can legitimately argue the answers. The FAA like many government organizations often does make the rules hazy.

According to my official source the answers are:

1. B
  2. C
  3. B (Now its 5 miles or get permission from the airport)
  4. B,D (This was also changed and has new language including whether the overhead protection is stationary or not)

My latest information comes from a December 2018 update.

Again, I apologize
but I would rather have egg on my face than create an incorrect set of questions.

Questions are closed.

Paul
Thanks for your time. I understand how messed up it can be to find the correct questions.
However, It’s no big deal.
We all understand and appreciate all you guys do .

Have a great day.

Thanks Paul for doing all this research. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I did do quite a bit of Googling for this one. I’ll be more careful next time. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks for the work Paul, it’s been a long winter. Sit back with a great cup of coffee and enjoy the winter.

No problem, it takes work. And, thanks for doing it. :slight_smile: