The "OFFICIAL" NACHI® Voltage Tester/Sniffer

Hey Guys,

More will be released as soon as possible but I just wanted to let you know about the new NACHI® Voltage Ticker that is going to be offered very soon. We are taking advanced orders right now but I am sure nick will release something very soon.

Many of you have heard me speak about these tickers in seminars around the country, how they are great to test panels, conduits, live circuits and many safety aspects I speak about in my seminars…well we are bringing the EXACT model I use to NACHI®

The advanced order form is attached but since these things should be a staple of every HI’s inspection bag I am glad to be able to bring them to you.

Look for more details coming very soon…

Order Form : www.theelectricalguru.com/NachiTickerOrderForm.pdf
or E-mail form to : Ticker@theelectricalguru.com

• Lifetime Warranty against defect
  • Will give notice of LIVE AC current with a light & beep sound…light only denotes static electricity only ( Unique )
  • Made in the USA

The NEW NACHI® Voltage Ticker is a hand-held device for determining the presence or absence of 50-1000 volts AC in insulated wires, wall receptacles, fuses, junction boxes, switches and other voltage-carrying electrical systems. It is not necessary to disconnect the system in question because no contact is required for operation and current flow is not necessary to locate voltage. Simply touch the plastic tip to a connection point or move it along a wire, touch it to metal enclosure screws, stick the end into a receptacle slot, touch it against exposed metal piping in crawlspaces, attics and so on before touching and so on. If AC voltage is present, the tip will glow red and you will hear an audible tone.

The “NACHI” Voltage Ticker, the exact same model is the choice of OSHA. has a new feature, an audio alert! You not only get a visual alert, but an audio alert as well. Another important feature of the NACHI® Voltage Ticker is that the audio alert reacts only to an AC voltage field, and will not beep when it comes in contact with a static field.

There is no ON/OFF switch on The “OFFICIAL” NACHI® Voltage Ticker. Switches can wear out over time or even malfunction. Because the NACHI® Voltage Ticker has no switch it is always ready to use and has simple AAA replaceable batteries.

Pictures coming soon…

http://www.nachi.org/ticker.htm

Is there a differece from the one I use now?

Yeah…this one has NACHI on it…lol…

Probably not however except these new ones have no switch to wear out, has a light and audio so it wont give a sound unless it is AC Voltage.

Actually everyone should have a ticker regardless of the model, I just found people coming up to me after seminars saying where do I get one and so on so we got the company that makes the best to do one for NACHI.

Paul is this device similar like the this one:

Fluke 1AC-A1-II / 1LAC-A-II
Non-Contact Voltage Detectors

[ul]
[li]Fits in a shirt pocket for convenience[/li][li]Choose a model to detect 20 - 90 Volts or 90 - 1000 Volts AC[LIST][/li][li]Model 1AC-A1-II, 90 to 1000 VAC[/li][li]Model 1LAC-A-II, 20 to 90 VAC[/ul][/li][li]All outer surfaces are non-conductive for safety[/li][li]Detects voltage without metallic contact[/li][li]Quickly locates the hot, neutral and ground terminals in any receptacle. (1AC only)[/li][li]2 Year Warranty[/LIST][http://www.testequipmentdepot.com/fluke/images/1AC-A1-II_thumb.gif](javascript:popImage(’/fluke/images/1AC-A1-II.jpg’,‘Product Picture - Test Equipment Depot’))[/li]
What is the difference?? How big is it? What does it look like?? Do you have a picture??

**Thanks,:mrgreen: **

John M. Acaron, CHI
HOMEINSPECTORUSA, LLC

Difference…Cost…those are $ 29.95 I believe, ours has a Lifetime Warranty from Makers, no On/OFF switch to worry about ( not sure it the fluke has one or not ) It will not sound the alarm portion unless it is truly AC Voltage and not static voltage and lastly…Made in the USA

There is a lifetime guarantee covering the operation of the circuit board. If your "NACHI"Ticker fails to operate due to a circuit board failure, The Manufacturer will replace the “NACHI” Ticker.

Really…I recommend ANY brand…just figured NACHI needed it’s own is all.

Product Specification Guide

**The NACHI Voltage Ticker

Type: **Non-Contact Voltage Sensor

**Operating Range: **50-1000 Volts AC

**Requires No Switch

All surfaces are totally non-conductive for operator safety
**Outer Surface **

Non-conductive body, probe and cap composed of

injected molded high-impact nonflammable polycarbonate,
with a dielectric of 220 Volts AC potential at 60 Hertz

**Operating Voltage : **50-1000 Volts AC

**Batteries : **2 (two) replaceable “AAA” alkaline batteries included
**Operating Temperature : **-20° C to +55° C
**Circuit Board : **Surface mounted components on FR-4 substrate
**Light Source : **One high-intensity SMD LED for maximum illumination
**Weight : **46.2 grams with batteries
**Dimensions : **5.85" length; .70" width; .56" height
**Breakdown Voltage : **4000+ Volts AC
**Operating Principle **

This instrument senses the electrical field produced by

AC voltage through insulation, without touching the
conductor. A constant bright red glow with alternating
sound will indicate the presence of AC voltage
OHMS LAW - means I like a tester that will actually go down as low as 50V…since we know it only takes 1/10th of an AMP to kill ya…:slight_smile:

Will have a picture very soon…I Promise as we only got a certain amount made ( not many ) and they are printing them as we speak.

Does that include the replacement of the really important part, The NACHI LOGO?

Oh I am sure they wont mind doing that…lol…

Paul, I use my sniffer on almost every job. In NE i see allot of knob and tube that has been disconnected and this is a great tool to see if it’s hot.

I also see homes that have new service but for some reason the knob and tube in the attic or basement still powers the lights.

Peter,

Generally thats a case where they found it easier to upgrade the receptacle circuits from below or above but found it more difficult to get latteral to light locations and so on.

You see it alot in our area also…I happen to not do any because i prefer to just redo it all…not worth my time to do otherwise.

Paul, I agree, done once, done right!!

Here are the images of the Nachi Ticker…better ones will be posted once they arrive in house.

Also…online ordering now…www.theelectricalguru.com/nachi.html

NACHIprinting.jpg

NACHIprinting02.jpg

I think I’ll give this ticker a shot, verses the one I’m presently using.

Thank you, Paul.

My order is now in.

Sorry I guess I will not be able to get any .
I wanted three but $51.95 USA dollars for shipping Changed my mind.
Thanks for all you do I guess I will stay with what I have . Roy Cooke

Shipping…heck Roy it should be $ 3.95 even if you order multiples…if it does not go ahead and I will adjust it…remember online orders do not charge your account…we to that manually…

Try that again Roy…should be fixed…that was from out other company shipping to Canada…these we just use standard parcel post…

Dam you really are good Thanks Paul
You changed that fast

I have one of these (probably not as good) and I get a lot of false alarms. They seem too sensitive. I can touch the device with my fingers and sometimes it will sound. Again if it is shaked (even gently) the alarm will go off. And it tends to sound on a circuit with no power if a powered circuit is anywhere near which makes accurate identification difficult.

I try to use mine as a secondary check to make sure the power is off on a circuit before I work on it.

Yeah…most Tickers will do that as they do have sensitive parts in them…BUT the real truth is in how they act with Voltage…a ticker that just glows could mean static voltage or induction…but what sets these apart is the beep function will only go off if it truly detects enough voltage to be a potential problem.

This one does not glow with rubbing on your shirt…shake it and it may pop a light once…but means nothing…the proof is in the detection but in the end a safe practice is and always will be caution and testing before use.

BTW…I feel like Zig Zigler lately…:wink:

“When an objection occurs, always use the fundamentals of FEEL, FELT, FOUND. It gives you an extra cushion of time and allows the prospect to identify himself with others.”

Example: “I see how you FEEL (Ian)! Others have FELT the same way too until I FOUND this one is quite good”

Hey Paul,

How does this compare with the TIF 100 Tick Tracer, which also identifies open grounds?