Dryer vent assist

Does anyone have any comments about these things? Good/bad.indiferent/maint tips?

Thanks in advance

http://www.acmemiami.com/dryerjet.html

I saw that one too, doesn’t really say much.

No it doesn’t.

I have not sen the ACME unit. Just the ones that look similar to Radon mitigation fans but are rated for dryer vent boosting.

Was the exhaust run long?

Yeah, about 40 feet or so.

It seemed odd tha the assist fan was at a right angle pointing towards the dryer rather than towards the exterior.

Look at the acme drawing again. The screen on the end is only for cooling for the fan motor.

The paddle fan moves the dryer air.

The other types are air over construction.

Thanks

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the air flow (arrow) going the wrong way? Looks to be going towards the dryer, not the exterior.

I suppose that depends on which end is from the dryer.
Maybe Rick will tell us.

http://www.acmemiami.com/images/webdryer.gif

No, it is correct. Mike helped me with my confusion (on this matter, anyway ;))

I’ll keep trying on the rest Rick. :wink:

Sorry, still doesn’t jive for me. Where is the dryer located? Above this unit, or in the basement? Where does the vent exit?

Replace plastic or foil, accordion-type ducting material with rigid or corrugated semi-rigid metal duct. Most manufacturers specify the use of a rigid or corrugated semi-rigid metal duct, which provides maximum airflow. The flexible plastic or foil type duct can more easily trap lint and is more susceptible to kinks or crushing, which can greatly reduce the airflow.

(looks like they are using the wrong vent material vertically.)

I assume it goes to the roof and not the attic.

That is what it looks like to me also, thus my questions for clearification.

Goes from first floor to basement directly below. Through exterior wall.

What looks like foil material is tape (note the red markings).

Let’s see if my diagram uploads. :wink:

:mrgreen:

Thanks. :mrgreen:

Rick,
That is how I envisioned it. If the arrows indicate the direction of airflow, as they should, then the unit is installed incorrectly (based upon what I can see in the pictures). It is blowing the airflow towards the dryer, now away.
Jeff

I think Jeff is onto something Rick.

Imagine in Mike"s post 9 - the dryer is coming in through the top of the unit and exiting the left side.

Blue arrow in my original pic #2, the arrow is pointing away from the dryer.

My diagram is not very good, in that I didn’t acount for the vertical rise at the exhaust end. Tough to shouw 3-d in a 2-d format :wink:

The cooling fan got me mixed up.