Panel in bathroom

This is nice!!

I like this one also.

I especially like the receptacle near the bottom next to the drain and downspout. Try resetting that GFCI with your toe!

I especially like the receptacle near the bottom next to the drain and downspout. Try resetting that GFCI with your toe!

“Honey, would you mind moving over while I plug in the weedeater?”

COOL!!!

Even if that panel weren’t in a bathroom the wall and door would still encroach on the required working space. Either way the panel needs to be moved.

Unfortunately, I have no photos. I wasn’t doing photos way back then, but I once saw a main service panel, on the back wall of a steel shower stall. The owner swore he had been using the shower for years, with no ill effects! It goes against every possible safety principal I ever heard of. Believe it or not!

Yikes, I would have a really hard time bringing myself to get in and shower up.

This is a public bathroom in a commercial business…here in Ozark’ville.

We don’t need no building codes down here, ya’ll.

Robert & James, even with building codes, there is no requirement to move existing service until the meter has been removed and is being reinstalled. A bunch of people found out the hard way tat it has to be brought up to Current Code when the meter was knocked out by ice storm debris.

All we can do is tell them it is unsafe and STRONGLY SUGGEST that they move them to bring them up to safe standards.

According to the NEC, panels and overcurrent protection devices are actually permitted in bathrooms of commercial buildings. The other many issues are something else.

I agree. I should have used the word should instead of must.

This panel is in the kichen and I was running the dishwasher while inspecting the inside of the panel. I was putting in the last screw when the air gap exploded and scared the **** out of me.

www.MauiHomeInspections.com

air gap.JPG

Did the NEC ever allow panels in the bathrooms. If so, when did it change?
thanks,
pb