Public hearing on Uniform Mitigation Verification Inspection Form

NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING

FINANCIAL SERVICES COMMISSION

Office of Insurance Regulation

The Financial Services Commission announces a public hearing to which all persons are invited:
DATE AND TIME: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at 9:30 a.m.
PLACE: 116 Larson Building, 200 East Gaines Street, Tallahassee, Florida
SUBJECT MATTER TO BE CONSIDERED: The Financial Services Commission, Office of Insurance Regulation will be holding an additional public hearing to consider revisions to Form OIR-B1-1802 “Uniform Mitigation Verification Inspection Form”, which is incorporated by reference in Rule 69O-170.0155, F.A.C. The Notice of Proposed Rulemaking was originally published on May 27, 2011 in Vol. 37/21 of the Florida Administrative Weekly.
Pursuant to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any person requiring special accommodations to participate in this program, please advise the contact person at least 5 calendar days before the program by contacting Michael Milnes at E-mail Michael.milnes@floir.com. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please contact the agency using the Florida Relay Service, 1(800)955-8771 (TDD) or 1(800)955-8770 (Voice).

Boy I wish it would matter if I spent the time and money but I know better.

Very sad but true.

Thanks. Will you be attending to represent NACHI?

Nope.

smart man

Is there a draft copy of the proposed changes and if so where can we find it?

Richard-------See this thread

If they implement the nail requirement for clips (must have three nails) you can kiss the demand for wind mitigation inspections good bye.

There are so many houses with non-wrap straps that have 2 nails that currently qualify for the “clip” credit.

All these houses will be downgraded to toenails because there is not three nails present.

My insurance co. St. Johns give 7% discount for having toe nails. That still not bad for a credit.

Anyone that goes please try to get them to fix their mistake of requiring photos before someone dies.

Haha

Thats like getting points for filling your name out properly at the beggining of the SATs

Exactly. Whole communities here in Port Saint Lucie and the Trasure Coast are going to be hit hard…I’ve already started warning my agents.

Really? I have clients that save $700 a year on a 1200 square foot house for adding clips.

The impact of these changes are going to dramatic.

I have a whole bunch of them in a jar!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Think I could get some credits for that?:smiley:

Anyone who has a home with toenails should without a doubt add clips. Right after they ensure they have a good roof. Statistically speaking.

Add restraints $1200.00 if the homeowner removes the soffits and hires a contractor to install. No restaint tie downs = 250 in adddittional premium for windstorm protection.

This is a no brainer, you guys like John that have a contractors license ought to on every noncompliant inspection give an estimate to correct conditions that result in an unfavorable condition. Be it a lack of the coverings to windows or doors that don’t meet the miami dade impact rating, if your license allows you to perform services to bring these items to a higher level of protection and discount the client should be availed of the opportunity to make a choice. I am not against the client getting a better rating and discount by actions they determine to be financially beneficial, this was the original intent of the MSFH program.

That’s Before it got bastardized into get a wind mit to save money on your homeowners insurance.

John Shishilla and Russ Hensel will be at this meeting to represent the FL Home & Insurance Inspectors Chapter of InterNACH. Of course, they would love to see other chapter members join them!

How do they feel about the picture requirements and identifying anything more than greater than an 8D nail?

There are many opinions as to why requirements should be a certain way. John and Russ will be there to listen to the meeting and will not be voicing a particular opinion until all facts have been presented. There are many changes coming to the form. Knowing how strongly you feel about the picture requirement, it might be helpful for you to come and express your passion for the cause.

Ya, before someone dies a needless death