FREE Insulation & Air Sealing of the Thermal Envelope course (BPI-approved) in...

…Colorado Springs, CO on January 23-26, 2012.

InterNACHI and Lightly Treading have teamed up to provide free BPI training for InterNACHI-Certified Inspectors in Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA.

InterNACHI and Lightly Treading are offering free training to earn BPI certification under the Department of Labor’s State Energy Sectors Partnership (SESP) Grant. Individuals who qualify for the SESP grant may receive funding to cover the full training cost.

Basic qualifications for the grant include: Colorado resident, currently employed in the industry, men born after 1960 must be registered for selective service, attestation by employer (or self if self-employed) that training will benefit the student in their career.

For those interested in registering for free BPI training, contact Alexandra at Lightly Treading to assist you. InterNACHI Inspectors must provide proof of membership. Visit http://www.nachi.org/mycertificate.htm to retrieve your Certificate of Membership to InterNACHI.

Alexandra Kellogg
Operations Administrator
Lightly Treading, Inc.
303.733.3078 ext. 308
303.295.2661 fax, 866.973.9268 toll free, www.LightlyTreading.com

Building Analyst: January 9-13th, This course will train and test students for the nationally recognized BPI Building Analyst certification. The training focuses on the principals of building science and how they apply to successful analysis of buildings and homes. Field instruction will focus on the techniques necessary to provide a thorough analysis that targets problem areas, with a focus on blower door and combustion appliance zone safety testing.

Level I Thermography: January 23-26th, The Level I Certification course acquaints the participant with numerous applications for building and envelope evaluation with the Infrared Camera. Students will complete the Level I class with the ability to “think behind” the surface being analyzed to understand the how and why of the anomaly.

Insulation and Air Sealing of the Thermal Envelope: January 23-26th, Learn the building science, techniques and materials to insulate and air seal the building envelope effectively. The class is for one of BPI’s newest certifications: Residential Building Envelope Whole House Air Leakage Control Installer.

So if an inspector is not a Colorado resident, then what?

I don’t really know. Ask Alexandra. It might be required under our grant.

Remember, even if you get free education, in this case a BPI approved CEU or even take a approved BPI BA course, the testing for BPI certification and/or accrediation will still cost you and according to some training sites the written exam and field exams are going up in price…:frowning: