Structural Pasteurization for mold treatment

Has anyone ever heard of this method for mold remediation? Apparently it uses high temperature, 180 degrees F I believe, to kill mold. Is it effective?

I guess no one has ever heard of this method.

The main problem is remediation means “removal of”, not just kill. Even if they could get past the definition, how would anybody correctly verify all the mold is dead. Mold spore trapping will only indicate if there is mold spores in the air at the time of testing, so there could be some living mold laying under the layers of dead mold waiting to release their spores or grow to a state of release. I know I would not want to be involved in the clearance which used a method such as this.

Yes it has been discussed extensively on the AIHA and ACGIH members section.
As James points out at this point it is not recommended and IMO never will.

Is this not a situation when the “removal” of mold, dry ice is used to effectively “burn” off the mold (like sandblasting) and some wood fibre at the same time and the ensuing waste debris is vacuumed up with a hepa vac? JMPOV

http://www.coldjet.com/en/products/dry-ice-blasting/index.php?

Dry ice blasting and soda blasting are good ways to remove mold when agressive means are needed. Pretty common practice in my area.

Yes James, I’ve only witnessed it once live, but i was impressed!

Haven’t yet heard of that method, but as long as there is media hype for mold there will be new ways invented to make money off of it. Perhaps a “mildew spiritual healing” service will pop up at some point?

Cameron,
Your ignorance will someday get you in trouble. I suggest you actually learn about mold before jumping to any conclusions.

I am actually at a mold remediation seminar today and questioned the instructor about it. He says this method does not kill mold. It only makes it dormant. He says the heat process is good at drying out building materials in the remediation process. Conventional remediation including removal of affected materials, air scrubbing and anti microbial treatment etc. is the recommended process.