Water service entry and sewer

Has anyone have any input on this. House was built in 1978.

You are missing the bond between the water meter for EGC. Sometime they attach it on the right side shown and forget to check if it goes back to ground and with no bond then EGC is broken.

You are missing the bond between the meter for EGC. Sometime they attach it on the right side shown and forget to check if it goes back to ground with no bond then EGC is broken.
I also would recommend support blocks under each end to take the weight of the the elbow fittings.

Ground is connected on the street side of the meter

Would you need a bond there since it is before the meter?

Have you ever seen a set up like that with the water entry like that right with sewer line? I am under the impression that no jump is needed when you are on the street side of the meter correct?

The GEC is bonded to the water distribution system to provide a solid path to the source to open the OPD in the event a metal pipe becomes energized. It is not there to ground the electrical system to earth. Hence the jumper provides the SOLID connection around the meter, water heater, softener, or other equipment that may not provide a reliable connection and allow the metal pipes to remain energized and use you to complete the circuit.

Around here, they want the gas distribution system bonded for the same reason.

Coincidentally, EC&M is hosting a webinar today on grounding and bonding hosted by Mike Holt. Wish I could attend, but I have to work.

Generally, there is no issue with these pipes being side-by-side except when placed in a trench. When place in a common trench, there is a separation requirement and/or a material-listing requirement, neither of which would apply here.

If it were copper and cast-iron, you would need separation between the dissimilar metals.

Chad I have the video and if you promise not to copy it you can view on a shared platform. You make the call and I will allow you to view it.

I found this reference today from EC Mag’s website, thought it applied here:

Grounding path continuity
In a recent Code question, you stated that, no matter which side of the water meter you bonded to, you had to bond around it. In our area, the meters are located near the street. There is more than 10 feet of pipe in the ground before it enters the house. Why is the bond required?
The continuity of the grounding path shall not rely on water meters. This information may be found in NEC 250.53. To be permitted for use as a grounding electrode, the grounding path requires 10 feet or more of underground metal water pipe in direct contact with the earth. So, in your area, they don’t have water meters in the house. Well, you don’t have to bond around something that’s not there. NEC 250.50 describes the grounding–electrode system. In your question, the metal underground water pipe qualifies as a grounding electrode and must be supplemented by an additional electrode, which generally satisfies the required concrete-encased electrode.

You should still have with cooper and galvanized also (dissimilar metals.) also the white deposit tell me there is a leak . My questions is way would they use galvanize pipe in 1978?