InspectionNews Forum

Has anyone here had problems in the InspectionNews Forums??? I got the heck beat out of me over there and it all started over a discussion about petri dishes.

It was the worst ride of my life and they even bad mouthed InterNACHI which made me mad!!

I think that site sucks now and I rarely venture over that way.

If you are going to go against:

Caoimhín P. Connell
Forensic Industrial Hygienist

good luck.

You will find some “friendly” mold guys here but I tend to agree with Mr. Connell more often than not.

There is indeed a lot of snake oil out there with regard to mold testing.

It’s the Lisa gang-rape site IMHO. Stay off it.

Someone sent me this great thread starter from a competing message board:

LOL. I guess all competing message boards aren’t bad.

Yeah the topic showed up in my e-mail about petri dishes and Prolab so I jumped in. We I did tell them it was my understanding that petri dishes should not be used in mold testing unless you have an air impactor. That is where it all stated.

Mr Connell saw fit to set me straight right quick. He said a petris dish is not good even with a air impactor. He basically said if you see mold clean it up and testing was basically worthless. I dont have the exact quote here but could find it if interested.

Well it went back and forth and other chinned in and ganged up on me! I was one man against several for two days now. It got very ugly I had to get out of there I was fuming mad.

After we had words this Connel told me I was a chaloton, ripping people off and all sorts of names it was disgusting! They took turn hitting me like a gang would do on one man! It was very unprofessional and I have lost all respect for these people.

Mr Connel in my book is arrogant, high minded, it is his way or the highway! Who could learn anything from a man like that?

I have a suspicion that Mr Connel work as a witness for larger corporation that need defense against mold litigation. So I beleive he is on the other side of the fence. Mold Inspectors like myself are the enemy on what he may stand for… just my perception.

I do beleive Mold Testing has it merits and agree any Billy Bob out there can hang up a shingle and say there are an expert. My client many times want a mold inspection and testing and I will accommodate that.

I fail to see the value in mold testing. Others will disagree.

Mold is everywhere.

You got that right Nick it was a very hostile environment for me. It seems those guys were buddies of each other and all took turns belittling me to the nth degree. I thought inspectors on these forums should be like minded and learn from each other… I thought wrong.

I doubt that I will ever go back to that site.

Thanks Nick : )

Ok I was asked to do mold testing in a home where there was no visible mold and you could not smell it. But the lady that inherited the home said there had been a leak behind the tub faucet. There was no visible indication of water damage.

I did two mold test inside of two wall and several rooms of the home. The mold score was very high and a different mold than what was found outside.

I do home inspections but do get calls once in a while to do mold testing. I am there to serve the customer to give them piece of mind. Some individuals has illness and have been to doctors many times and they do not want to leave any stone unturned.

Mold testing can also tell you what kind of mold you have and if it is the highly toxic species. More care must be taken removing the highly toxic mold or professional remediation must be taken.

Certain species of mold can grow inside of the lungs, and other organ of the body. Mold can destroy a person imunes systlem and this happens all the time.

I have had calls from tenants that are renting from slumlords and their kids are having blooding noses, pneumonia and sick all the time. They would need mold testing to document the problem and take to courts if necessary. Unfortunate most tenants cannot afford mold testing.

The blanket statement some make like if you see mold just remove it ta daaa! Is to simplistic and dangerous to just rip it out not knowing what they are dealing with.

There are many other good reasons to test but this should do for now.

Sorry, mostly baloney.

Read the EPA guide lines on mold.

Wow sounds like ASHI is a cheap skate LOL

It might be a good idea to go to
Caoimhín P. Connell Forensic Industrial Hygenist
web site and spend some time reading .
I do belive he is trying to keep you out of court.
Please go with an open mind and you might learn some thing.

Roy with all due respect I have lost all respect for Mr Connel and his gang of cohorts that beat the heck out of me for two days. If I post some of the things they said over here you would be shocked. I dont think I had better do that. They were like a pack of dogs!

Michael writes:

This from those guidelines at http://www.epa.gov/mold/moldresources.html:

And…

And…

I highly disagree it is not baloney no sir. They threw the EPA and CDC at me over and over on the other forum. There is some truth there but remember that is government and the government has been corrupted in many ways for a long time. Think about Fanny Mae and HUD they are corrupt but they are government. So the CDC and EPA is not the final truth of the matter. People are getting sick and dying out there. Who is going to help them? Sure wont be the government. If anything Obama want to put us old guys like me on a death panel! Trust the government blindly NOPE!

Right on Nick, there are too many people down playing mold as if it is nothing. I think those guys on the other site were cheery picking from the CDC and EPA things like you may not always need to test for mold just remove it. They are taking that out of context.

Also if they have the toxic mold and some contractor just rips it out, he will spread it all over the house like cancer cells and make the problem worse.

Strange I wonder why you have not complained when this happens on the NACHI site to a NACHI member ???

Mr Cooke I find that very strange that you would say such a thing? Did you come over here from that other site and are you buddies with Mr Connel?

I went against Connell and won. All I had to do is prove the fraud he really is. Since he has completed no studies in mold, he was easy to disprove.

James right now you are my hero. I went through hell for two days at the InspectionNews site from Connell and his subjects!! WOW! The all ganged up on me and I was the only one standing. I think Connel is extremely arrogant and puffed up. He want people to worship the ground he walks on I think.

No I did not and did not read those posts .
But I do stand up to my statement . seen below in red

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcooke http://nachi.cachefly.net/forum/images/2006/buttons/viewpost.gif
Strange I wonder why you have not complained when this happens on the NACHI site to a NACHI member ???