Main Water Shutoff

Access could not initially be found…
(behind wall kmounted TV)

Access provided for one valve only…
not the check valve, meter or regulator…

Is there a minimum requirement for access to Plumbing isolation?

disguising decorator

if the occupant remembers the location when needed it’s a non-issue

i routinely find a variety of occupants crap blocking all types of system access elec panels, wh, hvac etc…

report whatever was/wasn’t inspected/accessed/operated and move on

Huh??

Question is:
Is there a minimum (code) requirement for access to Plumbing isolation?
or…
is access to service / operate plumbing isolation valves provided merely as a courtesy with no code requirement…?

Okla only requires to Id the location of the shut off and or absence of your milage may vary

Could of found it with the Ir Camera

Yes,
but the Homeowner was not willing to pay for that.
(We do not offer additional services for FREE)
:slight_smile:

Do you charge extra for placing a thermometer in the oven. IR is just another tool some people understand marketing and some don’t. For being on the education committee your education has a hole in it;-)

The question seems to be lost…

I am inspecting for Buyer…
Seller hired a Contractor 5 Years ago to finish basement…
Permits were pulled and Inspections were completed…
When I asked the Homeowner where the Access to the Water Main and Sewer Cleanout were, no access and no idea where they are located…
He called the Contractor…
… suggestion is that access is not required…

so back to the original question…
are isolation valves and cleanouts required by code to be readily accessible…
or may they be concealed…?

no code required for a general home inspector

“all main utility electric, gas and water shut offs/disconnects shall be readily accessible”

many munis with locked smart meters are going to:
**It is a homeowner’s responsibility to install and maintain a separate water cut-off valve, and it is highly recommended that you know where your home’s water shut-off valve is located for quick and easy access when needed. The water shut-off valve is generally located between the City’s water meter box and the front of your home, sometimes directly beside the water meter box or adjacent to the home.

It is also important to check that the water meter box and water shut-off valve are separate because the City of xyz is gradually implementing a new automated water meter reading system that requires locked water meter lids.**

a provided access panel within the subject property as depicted would meet this requirement

Sorry just call me Mikie

Okla does require shut off valves by state requirements on gas and water I can not image Pa not doing the same but stranger things have happed

Around here some do not have a main shutoff in the home with access through a Buffalo key at the street.
Water meters must be requested or they estimate your bill.

the “Dirty Dozen” have proof and memories you’ve been involved ;~)

I have kicked the question back to the Municipal Inspector…
He issued the Permit…
He Inspected the Work…
and Signed Off on the Completion…

It is what it is now…