"South Africa: Introduction to Home Inspections" course

Ben, is this course designed with the African Students in mind that belong to Inachi or is it meant for US Members, and if so, how is that going to help in Home inspections in the US.?

Since my interest in Kenton’s excursion in Africa peaks my curiosity, I plan on taking the courses.

Just curious as to what Inachi’s intent was with this field trip and help other Members understand also. :slight_smile:

And thanks to Inachi for the continued Education.

It’s written for training South African inspectors, but open to all.

Thanks Ben, that is what I thought. :slight_smile:

InterNACHI… around the world and in your neighborhood.

As Director for International Development, that’s exactly what I do… promote the home inspection industry and InterNACHI abroad.The home inspection industry is in a fledgling state in several countries, especially with recent surges of interest and the passage of relevant legislation. InterNACHI has 30 members in South Africa but there has been no training available to them that is specific to South Africa, where building practices are different both in building methods and work quality.
As an example… Roofs are not sheathed in South Africa. Roof-covering materials are hung from 2x2 battens whose spacing depends on the length of the tile or metal.
North American inspectors are welcome to take these new courses, in fact the one on soils is relevant to anywhere.

We fully expect to be the lone trade association for the entire inspection industry, worldwide.

Thanks Kenton and thanks Inachi for providing education world-wide. :slight_smile:

Kenton is running out of planets to conquer for InterNACHI. LOL

As a South African I am enjoying the courses specific to South Africa. Until 1961 all construction timber was imported to South Africa and therefore an expensive commodity, hence the difference in house building methods where brick and morter construction, concrete roof tiles and steel roof sheeting is most used.