Another Scam - through Inter NACHI (inspection request)

Once again, I am not answering this email again. Has anyone gotten this one from a William L. Nickerson (lovie3b@gmail.com)

Thanks for your response,I am hearing impaired and i just had a surgery,I believe the best means i can get across to you right now would be via e-mail,Actually am in the process of buying a house for my retired parent,I want the general inspection done as soon as possible…
Let me know if you would be available i will contact the previous owner to have the keys ready and i will also like to know how much the inspection would cost.
(Full House Home Inspection: 2,100 square feet and Maintenance Inspections with Written Report)
NOTE:-I will get back to you in my next email with the address and any further details you would need.

How convenient that he is hearing impaired and just had surgery. Should I ignore this or just answer him again. I think I won’t waste the time.

Just ignore it, this scam has been going on for months with multiple threads.

You have two options. Just ignore it as the scam that it is or…

have fun with the jackass. Lure them in, have some fun. See how many responses you can get. I would bet you can’t get over 3 more replies from the jerk.

Yeah he is emailing me also. Here is his follow up email sent to me in Florida;

Hello ,

Thanks for the quote. I am OK with the quote and i would have everything put in place for the inspection,first of all i will like 

you to know that the house if for sale by the owner and not by Realtor,I will like you to know the house is still occupied and it will be vacant next weekend,I want you to know that the caretaker will send you the key and you can go there for the inspection,i need you to send me your full name and office address and a valid phone number as requested by the caretaker he would need it to contact you to schedule the inspection and get the house keys to your office immediately they receive their balance,I will like to know what kind of credit cards you accept for payment so i can make the payment asap,I would have to seek a little favor from you and i would be happy if you can be able to grant me the favor i seek from you.Due to my present health condition,i would provide you my credit card details for you to charge for the total cost of the service and also i would like you to charge an extra sum of $ which would be used to balance up fees for the house,I am sorry if i am asking for too much but i would have forwarded the balance to him myself but i am held down with health issues right now and am still at the hospital and the seller stated he wants the balance by bank transfer that’s why i am seeking your favor on this,i would be willing to compensate you if you can assist me on this.

Your urgent response would be appreciated.

Warm Regards

ha, going to see if I can get anymore emails from him… keep you posted!

I had fun with one a few years ago. Thankfully I no longer have time to play with them anymore!!

yes, time is limited but I always want to expose scammers to my fellow inspectors.

here is the next email I received;

i just wanted to double check with you to know if we are on the same page what am explaining in my previous email is that I wanted to send you my credit card details for you to charge for the total amount plus and extra money which would be sent to the care taker to balance up the closing fees. Kindly let me know if you can assist me so i can forward you my credit card details for payment.

keep you posted

ok he think he has me, here is the next one

Thank you for your prompt response I need you to charge your service fee which is $350 plus $100 as compensation for your help and $1500 for my caretaker and 4% credit card fee which sums up to a total of $2028

can you say credit card scam!!

Yes, I just received a request from him and answered and received this reply. Same story, says he is deaf.

2nd scam I have received in 2 months. Shameful!

Hello ,

Thanks for the quote. I am OK with the quote and i would have everything put in place for the inspection,first of all i will like 

you to know that the house if for sale by the owner and not by Realtor,I will like you to know the house is still occupied and it will be vacant next weekend,I want you to know that the caretaker will send you the key and you can go there for the inspection,i need you to send me your full name and office address and a valid phone number as requested by the caretaker he would need it to contact you to schedule the inspection and get the house keys to your office immediately they receive their balance,I will like to know what kind of credit cards you accept for payment so i can make the payment asap,I would have to seek a little favor from you and i would be happy if you can be able to grant me the favor i seek from you.Due to my present health condition,i would provide you my credit card details for you to charge for the total cost of the service and also i would like you to charge an extra sum of $ which would be used to balance up fees for the house,I am sorry if i am asking for too much but i would have forwarded the balance to him myself but i am held down with health issues right now and am still at the hospital and the seller stated he wants the balance by bank transfer that’s why i am seeking your favor on this,i would be willing to compensate you if you can assist me on this.

Your urgent response would be appreciated.

Warm Regards

Yes I received that one also, word for word. I made my complaint to the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3), since it is a credit card online scam. It takes 5 minutes to write it up, the more complaints the more they will look into it. Good luck

Looks like the William Nickerson scam is still going. I just googled his name with scam and found this link. He is using the same reply word for word. I am a member of Internachi so was able to log in.

Anytime I see the word “kindly” used in a sentence I am 95% sure it comes from a foreign person like from India.

“Kindly let me know if you can assist me so i can forward you my credit card details for payment.”

So, since the FBI has not caught this Jerk what can Internachi do to keep him from getting our email addresses?

His Email address is lovief3b@gmail.com

I’m suppose to do the inspection on Next Saturday. Any suggestions on how to catch this guy would be appreciated.

Are you saying you have actually scheduled an inspection for William?

No. I’m messing with him. Here is the latest email. I deleted the credit card number in case it is stolen:

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 1:24 AM, William L. Nickerson <lovief3b@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
I really am happy you are willing to help me. I have provided below the credit card details for the payment of inspection which is $300.00 and the caretaker charge which is $1,650.00 + $100 compensation for you for your assistance and 4% credit card fee which is a total of $2,132.00 .

Credit Card Information’s

CARD TYPE - Master Card
CARD NUMBER - 5466… X. X
CARD CVV- 194
CARD EXP - 10 | 2018
Card Billing : 3940 Buena Vista Street | DALLAS | TEXAS | 75204
Amount to charge: $2,132

I hereby authorize you to charge the above card details for the amount of $2,132.00 and get back to me with booking confirmations.

Your urgent response would be appreciated .

Regards.

Thanks God I found this, this is what I like about the InterNachi community.

Now Mr Smith is texting at 2:00 a.m. (805-936-0327) smithkenneth160@gmail.com

Same scam just different name. He just contacted me 9/24. He says he is recuperating from the diagnosis of lung cancer and still in the intensive medical center. I know people with cancer, I help support a local charity called P4Foundation where a young man fights everyday to help others with cancer while he carries the same burden. I lost my Mother to lung cancer in May. It is sad to read his communication with me. He uses the term…“very much happy” …I did not need to read further. I sure hope there is not a hearing impaired guy somewhere fighting cancer and trying to procure inspection services…but I doubt it!

I see the word “kindly” used occasionally, but “will like” instead of “would like” definitely comes from someone for whom English is not their first language. China, one of the former Soviet bloc countries, or eastern Europe is my guess. The Russians and Ukrainians have some big-time spammers.

Thank you for sharing this scam.

I had same scam don’t waste anymore of your time.

Thanks!

I have received 4 emails from Emily Murphy in the last week. She says that she is a Veteran and is buying the house for her son and can’t make it to the inspection because she is out of town for her son’s wedding.

Before you know it I get the I will like you to know… I will like you to know… I will like you to know… letter.

I’m sure some of you will be getting this one before too long.