Anyone see value in renewing NIFAST?

I just got some renewal papers from them. Havn’t had a single inquiry as to doing any fire saftey work.:shock:

Never really saw any benefit in Joining. :slight_smile:

I seem to recall you mentioning that back then too.

My guess then C. Scott was free memberships, and then pay for “Much Needed” materials.

My guess now is pay for “Much Needed” Renewal fees.

How am I doing?

Well BK, your mostly correct. I don’t recall sinking any cash into it. Looks like I’ll probably be making some changes to my web pages and biz cards though. Will have to view the NIFAST membership list round about February just to see how it ahh grows?:wink:

Myself and Mark Shunk (?) questioned this org from the beginning as it was newly made up, had no history and there were other similar orgs in the same space…It almost seemed made up to gain INACHI memebers another logo to stack on top of the 8 or 10 already on their websites or cards!!

Maybe they are stagnate because InterNACHI was able to negotiate 400 totally-free, fire training scholarships out of them and then InterNACHI gave them out to members at no charge. :cool:

no idea who nifast is…

not knowing has not cost me any revenue…
:slight_smile:

BUMP

Anyone have an update? I think our “memberships” expire in a few days. I would have though I would have received a reminder to renew email by now. And no, I had no activity either, except that which I instigated. See no value in re-upping again for a fee, not until it proves itself.

C. Scott, I believe you answered your own question with your statement in your original post, “Haven’t had a single inquiry as to doing any fire safety work.” Why spend money providing a service that produces no income?

I informed Nifast that I wouldn’t be renewing my membership. This was the reply:

Drew,

Thank you for the email and letting us know you will not be renewing your NIFAST certification. We appreciated all of your help and working with Terry on the SOP for NIFAST. We hope you learned a little about Fire Safety and that it may help you in your regular inspections. As with any new certification, it needs to be understood how to market it and work in your business, we understand it may not be for everyone but we are grateful for everyone that looks at the program. Again thank you and the best of luck in everything you do.

I thought with the press releases and the various marketing materials, we would then understand how to market it??? :shock:

Hmmmm, Plastic phone book covers all over again.

What’s a phone book?

Exactly!

I did not renue either.

They are selling stuff online like batteries and detectors at very high prices…and lead, mould, radon test kits…HUH!!!

That’s a real shame. I know you and some others put in some hours trying to help them out. I wonder how their doing with getting the campus dorm contracts. I thought that was the main target.

They are not working on contracts for us. They are trying to market their fire safety program to colleges on their own. It’s our job to market to a college if we wasn’t to

Have had no inspection work from them. They did not, as promised, place any announcements in the local papers. Communication from them has been nil. Several local fire chiefs said “who?” when they were brought up in conversation. Some of the information in their material has been useful. As I see it now I do not see a benefit in “membership renewal”.