Beware of Scam

I got this email today and am sure it is a scam. Please never fall for anything like this and never click on any link they may provide. This is the first time I have been approached this way. see email below:
A message has been sent to you via NACHI’s “Featured Inspectors” page.

Dear Meeker

I am Mr. Samuel Sarpong; I am the Deputy Managing Director In Charge Of Operations in the department of accounts division of, Ghana Commercial Bank .On February 27th 2006, one of our high profile patrons Mr.Richard Meeker has a numbered time (fixed) deposit, for twelve calendar months in my bank branch.Upon maturity, we sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply. after a month, we sent a reminder and finally we discovered from his contract employers that, On The 22nd Of August 2006, It Was Reported To Us, That Our client, While Returning From Vacation With His Family From Russia, All Died In The Tupolev-154 Crash Leaving From Black Sea Holiday Resort Of Anapa To St.Petersburg.Our Client And His Entire Family Unfortunately Lost Their Lives In The Crash. See the below link for read more news about the air crash:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/5274958.stm

After further inquest, it was discovered that he died without making a will and all attempts to trace his next of kin proved futile. On further inquisition, it was discovered that late Mr. Richard did not declare any next of kin or relations in all his official documents, including his bank deposit paperwork here at the bank. The total sum is US$9.5m still in my bank and the interest is being rolled over with the principal sum at the end of each year. No one will ever come forward to claim it. In accord with the federal banking laws and constitution, the money will revert to the ownership of the government if nobody applies as the next of kin to claim the funds. Consequently, I shall present you as a foreigner to stand in, as the next of kin to this gentleman, since you have same last name with the deceased, so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you, for us to share. Upon acceptance of this proposal, i shall give you detailed information on how this deal would be carried out. We shall employ the services of an advocate for the drafting of the letter of probate in your favor, and to obtain all other relevant papers in your name for the necessary documentation for payment endorsement in my bank.

The money will be shared in the ratio: fifty percent for me, forty five percent for you and five percent for any arising contingencies or expenses during the course of this transaction. I guarantee you that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law or any legal plight, as i will use my position in the bank to secure approvals and guarantee the successful execution of this transaction. Please be informed that your extreme discretion is required. If this interests you, please reply me directly by email and indicate your full name, address date of birth, your contact telephone and fax numbers respectively. Upon receipt of your response, I will prepare a text of application you will send to my bank headquarters for payment approval in your favor. I await your urgent reply on my private e-mail: samuelsarpongjr@live.com

Best regards,
Mr.Samuel Sarpong
+233 24642 2102.

:mrgreen:

Are you sure this isn’t for real?

Weird, cuz my ‘uncle’ was on that plane as well. I should be gettin my check any day now!!

Got mine about two weeks ago. Got past spam I guess due to NACHI wording.

Perhaps you should remove the link from your post, if you consider it potentially harmful. A curious sort might click it and be besiged with problems.

Yes James i recieved the same SCAM with my name on it from the same person. LOL I guess we were just a Coincidence It is real. Hey James I have a great BRIDGE i will sell you here in oregon. Only one owner. LOL:twisted:

Word gets around. He probably heard about your $50 lowball wind mit inspections and knew he had a sucker.:p:p

Sad thing is there are people out there who fall for these scams. You would have to be more than a few cards short of a full deck to take that bait.

Well I just received my note thru Nachi today. The same note and same guy! Guess he’s still at it!

Wow Ian, and so was mine, what a coincidence !