Bob Elliot InterNACHI Member of the YEAR

Bob Elliot
InterNACHI Member of the YEAR/Gromicko Award

He has Performed “beyond the call of duty” to improve the service, quality, or image of InterNACHI.

This year’s winner of the Member of the Year/Gromicko Award is Bob Elliot
Congratulations Bob, a well deserved reward.

A big thanks to all who nominated people and to those whom were nominated for their continuing efforts.

The 2015 Awards committee

John Bowman, Executive Director

Mike Auger, CMI - John Shishilla, CMI* -*
Roy Cooke, Sr -**[FONT=“Georgia”]Marcel Cyr, **[/FONT]
Larry Kage - William Warner

Visit the InterNACHI Awards page](http://co.nachi.org/inachiawards/) at http://co.nachi.org/inachiawards/about.html

Congratulations Bob!

Well deserved Bob!

Congratulations Bob.

Wrong holiday. This isn’t April Fools Day.

WOW !

Just tried posting a long message and it keeps saying invalid thread.Like Chris said is it April 1st ?

Congratulations Bob, way to go!!

Congratulations Bob!

Congratulations Bob

WOW!
Had no idea I was even nominated.

Most certainly, there are many members whom are more deserving that we do not even know about that are far more technically proficient , run successful businesses , helpful to clients and other inspectors but do not post on the forum so therefore we do not know about them .

Thank you for realizing that my negative posts are often just sarcasm or poking a stick to make people defend their positions.

Will use 2016 to try and help other inspectors more than I have in the past to try and live up to this . Elliotthomeinspection@Gmail.com.

A few of my random thoughts###

…The buyback program seems to be working well for many inspectors that I have spoken with.
…CMI though more of a marketing logo than exact proof of proficiency in the profession does at least set some sort of standard for the public to consider
…Think everyone should consider thermal imaging training including myself as most everything is about water when it comes to major issues in my opinion .
…Have noticed more and more clients asking about Radon testing and suggest checking demand in your area to perhaps consider it as an auxiliary service .
…As more and more articles are written about it. People are becoming increasingly concerned about health issues related to mold and even though there are no exact standards for acceptable levels many homes that have been boarded up, such as foreclosures or that have water intrusion issues will most likely have mold and testing will be needed so it is certainly a service you can provide in order to provide additional revenue .

Water water water… My advice to newbies is to check the best you can for any signs or causes of water intrusion, including poor flashing, bad roofing,foundation issues,Drainage,etc.
Focus on major issues .Yes the loose wall plate may be a call back but will not cost you thousands of dollars .

I am known by my clients for constantly mentioning T&M…{ time and money } whose time and whose money ?

Without this association and constant help from of other members of this forum. I never could have made it in this business .
My encouragement and hope is that all members become involved and help others but keep a thick skin as it is good training for the real world .

To sum up everything here with this profession. The sky is the limit and we are only limited by our own ambition .

Thanks Roy :slight_smile:

Just for the record …it’s Bob Elliott. ha ha

Chris said he was trying out a beta version of a new BS Meter for the message board. Maybe you got caught in the testing. :wink:

Congratulations, Bob!

Bob, sent you an email to get info for the Award.

Thanks.

Congratulations Bob!

1 Like

Hmmm, congratulated you on the 1st thread and now disappeared, so…:stuck_out_tongue:

Congrats Bob

Award well deserved!!

Thanks Tom.
I actually had a better reply and spent 20 minutes on it.Should have copied to word pad first I guess.

Though it included comments on aux services and more thoughts on future revenue streams.Will save it for later.

Ditto that.

Don’t under estimate the help you have offered to many, not only with your feedback on mobile devices and report software, but also (I believe) you were the first to offer details about how to build a pole-cam!
And yes, I believe most here are getting used to your sarcastic brand of humor.

Congrats Bob. You deserve the honor.

I did suggest to nominate you. Defiantly you are deserving for all the technical assistance you give so many.

I am used to your sarcasm as well but not everyone understands subtle humor.

Congratulations Bob!! You’ve always been here helping out other inspectors and definitely deserve the honor!!