chamber of commerce

where my wife works she gets a copy of the relocation prospect list for the chamber of commerce of Pa. i have names and address of people moving to the area… would it be wise to contact them and in good form to do so. or should i shy away from this idea?

I think it’s a good idea. It means you’re not marketing to Realtors, and any general public group that does not include Realtors will help you, and our industry, in the long run.

NACHI just joined the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and every NACHI member will soon be getting all the membership benefits that the Chamber has. Coming in 2 weeks or so.

That is very cool about the US Chamber of Commerce, and the benefits for all NACHI members. Thank you.

Great going!

Our local Chamber sends its members a list of real estate transactions every month. Good help for my mailings.:slight_smile:

good job nick

I AM A MEMBER OR THE LOCAL

NO BETTER LEADS AVAILABLE

STEVE

What are the benefits?

WOW,
and I was just wondering if it would be beneficial to join the local Chamber of Commerce, and start to attend their meetings…

I’ll wait a bit, to see whats in store…
Thanks Nick!

Steve

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_11.gif

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNxdm006YYUS

Joining the chamber is only as good as what u put into it. If you join the committees, and show up for all the functions, you will get something out of it. If you just join and wait for business to come to you, you have just wasted your money.

Hi Bill:

Never thought in a million years you would join NACHI. :shock: Welcome.

I guess many of the best gather here to communicate with each other and to help all .
I think it is Great.
</IMG>
Roy Cooke

IMHO that is true for any organization. There is even one person here who basically tells people that just because they are members of NACHI, their business will increase by leaps and bounds.

i was considering joining our local Chamber, but haven’t done so yet. I’ve also noticed several HI’s here are associate members of the local board of realtors.
Do any of you have opinions on that? I know 1 realty publication you HAVE to be a member of their association to advertise in it. So, that might help.

Back to the original thought - what does the chamber offer anyone in their area?

Chambers are like any other networking group in that you get out of it what you put into it. Givers gain!

I joined the local board of realtors several months ago - it’s been OK… they’re mostly interested in allowing affiliates to sponsor the realtors’ meetings. “Sponsoring” means supplying the food and drinks and be quiet… I just submitted an article to the newsletter to be published in the Nov issue - it’ll be worth the dues to have my contact info in front of 1,000’s of realtors.

I guess Realtor associations are the same everywhere! :slight_smile:

Being on the state line of 2 states, we’re being hit with the $$ to be members in both states! just getting started, I may pick the larger group & go with them. We’ll see how it goes.
Just did a realtor education fair though & have had a referral in 1 week since the education event. So, that’s promising. And doing another one in April 2007.

I just got back from the local hospital after my heart attack-it happened after I opened the invitation from the Realtor Association for an “Affiliate Appreciation Reception” with Hors d’oevres and beverages.\:D/ Hmmmm - I wonder how much I have to pay for admission? :-k

Robyn - you got to my curious side. What did you do for a realtor education fair?