CMI, MBI whatever.

HERE is the thread.

This is beyond even what I expected…

**It kinda, sorta looks like someone has introduced the MBI as a MAJOR step above the lowly CMI. I wonder why and how long ago this was planned.?:wink:

CMI, what is it worth now and what happened?

CMI qualifications: Hmmm,

Master Inspector Certification Board, Inc.

The Master Inspector Certification Board, Inc. is a non-profit 501©(6), tax-exempt organization dedicated to promoting excellence in the inspection industry. The Board holds the registered Trademark Certified Master Inspector® (CMI), the inspection industry’s top professional designation, and awards it qualifying inspectors who have demonstrated a high level of competency by:

1.**Completing 1,000 fee-paid inspections or **hours of inspection-related continuing education (combined) in their lifetime.
2.Abiding by the industry’s toughest Code of Ethics.
3.Substantially following a Board approved Standards of Practice.
4.Submitting to a criminal background check.
5.Applying for Board certification by signing the affidavit in front of a Notary.

The Master Inspector Certification Board, Inc. is not a trade association and the Certified Master Inspector® is not a membership level. Certified Master Inspector® is a professional designation available to all qualifying inspectors who wish to be Board Certified™.

Mission:
By awarding the continuing education/experience-based Certified Master Inspector® professional designation, the Master Inspector Certification Board, Inc. supports the inspection industry’s advanced education providers and encourages experienced inspectors to maintain excellence.
Find a Certified Master Inspector®

The reports provide third-party, unbiased opinions to offer to potential buyers.

Become a Certified Master Inspector®
Application (pdf).
Certified Master Inspector® Code of Ethics.
Registered Trademark acquired.
Examples of the professional designation in use.
Download Certified Master Inspector® Logos.
EveryInspector database project.
Contact the Master Inspector Certification Board

MBI qualifications: Hmmm,

Master Building Inspector

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Todd/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif

To become a Master Building Inspector, inspectors must have completed the following:

-**1,000 fee-paid full home inspections / 3,000 verifiable hours of hands-on inspection experience. **
-Be a member in good standing of a recognized Association such as ASHI, NAHI, NACHI, CREIA, FABI and/or other approved organization and abide by their respective standards of practice and codes of ethics.
-**30 Continuing Education hours every year. **
-Must have been in the inspection business for at least 3 years.
-Must have passed a psychometrically approved examination such as that of the NHIE.
6. Must be approved by an appointed peer review committee of seasoned inspection veterans and master inspectors. Under the Master Inspector Network affiliate program, only experience credits are approved for actual completed home inspections. Educational credits do not account for any part of this designation.

It seems you can be both: Hmm,

Become a MBI/CMI

How to become a Master Building Inspector (MBI)

To become a master inspector network affiliate (Master Building Inspector), inspectors must have completed at least 1000 fee paid full home inspections / 3000 verifiable hours of hands on inspection experience, be a member in good standing of a recognized Association such as ASHI, NAHI, NACHI, CREIA, FABI and or other approved organization, complete 30 Continuing education hours every yea, have been in inspection business for at least 3 years, have passed a psychometrically approved examination such as that of the NHIE or FABI, be approved by an appointed peer review committee of seasoned inspection veterans and master inspectors. Under the Master Inspector Network affiliate program, only experience credits are approved for actual completed home inspections. Educational credit do not account for any part of this designation. Master Inspector Network affiliates may charge a higher price, but again, how much is your peace of mind worth 

How to become a Certified Master Inspector(CMI)

Any non-felon who has completed 1,000 fee-paid inspections or hours of inspection-related continuing education (combined) in their lifetime can apply to be a Certified Master Inspector® provided he/she agrees to abide by the Board's Code of Ethics and substantially follow a Board approved Standards of Practice.

You need not be a member of any professional association. The Certified Master Inspector® professional designation is open to all qualifying inspectors including those in the U.S. and Canada.

If your application is approved, the Master Inspector Certification Board, Inc. will issue you a certificate and list you as a Certified Master Inspector®. You may then advertise yourself as a Certified Master Inspector® and/or Board Certified™. 

Me think’s there is a roach in the CMI soup.

I wonder how that happened?? :wink:

Just a thought,… Follow the $$$$$

PLEASE, don’t be silly JB, Nick knows everything that goes on in this industry. Heck , he is behind most of it.:smiley:

It seems the war is being waged were only members can post, but unfortunatly this will have an effect on the entire industry.

I wish you all the best of luck and would recomend you stay away from either designation.

JMO

It is not even a skirmish Todd, nothing to get worked up about.

I am fine with it, I just thought I would point out the finer points of what is going on.

:roll:

You can roll your eye’s all you want dude, but there are alot of folks that have no idea what is going on with the CMI joke and the new found MBI designation that seems to have been put in place by the same person who was supposedly supporting CMI. Now CMI looks like a candidate in the MBI program… Am I missing something here? Or are you just an ***?

OK, I just looked you up in my files and you are not an ***…:smiley:

I fail to see why you do not see what I see? Maybe I am missing something?

If I am please let me know.:cool:

Ahh, the newest, and most revealing:

images/2006/reputation/reputation_neg.gif

CMI, MBI whatever. 7/10/07 7:18 PM when the hell are you going to just go away

I tell you what , oh friend of mine, I will go away whenever I decide to. And maybe just maybe when sheep like you learn to sign there name to there negative posts.:roll:

Folks like you make me want to puke.

I love this MB…:D:D

Heck, posts like yours make me want to rejoin just to piss sheep like you off.:p:p

People see more than you are giving them credit for Todd. Did you say you have access to that thread? You should be able to see that then.

I know people can see it for what it is Wendy. I just wanted to put it in a place were anyone could post about it, and I have been in a fairly foul mood as of late. Sooooo…

I am going to remove my silly *** posts above. Sorry whomever you are.