Elderly Rip Off

I had a elderly relative call and ask if I would look at her roof. She said she paid $5400.00 to have it repaired and it still leaks. I am no expert on built up roofs but I know that this is not right. What would other inspectors advise?

IMG_5233.JPG

IMG_5248.JPG

IMG_5218.JPG

IMG_5223.JPG

What is the pitch of that roof? Could be just the camera angle, but it looks to be more than 2/12. Any other photos of fascia/rake/flashing etc…?

I just can’t see $5400.00 worth of work here. Gravel looks to large, membrane not repaired, just some tar and a little driveway gravel.

IMG.jpg

IMG.jpg

IMG.jpg

IMG_5205.JPG

IMG_5226.JPG

IMG_5232.JPG

That roof looks like it is ready to be replaced.

I would say call the better business bureau , and second roofer to check it. then a lawyer

Same here Jeffery. 2nd opinion from a reputable roofer then a lawyer. There is a special place in hell for people who take advantage of the elderly and small children.

What a stinking mess. Lawyer is in order for sure.
That looks like a Tectum Deck from the first picture.
Stone way to big for that type of built up roof. Stone is sized to protect the asphalt. :slight_smile:

Their was no permit, no contract. City is after him about the permit. I just can’t understand how some people can sleep at night.

I have no stomach for the victimization of the elderly, so while I agree with the lawyer thing, my angry side is leaning toward the double barrel twelve Gage shoved up his stack boot and . . . . . . . . :twisted: