Elevators and Outdoor Cooking?

I am doing an inspection of a high end home (9000sqft) tomarrow. Listing. Any suggestions of what to pay particular attention to? What should I look at on the elevator? What should I look at for the outdoor cooking equipment? All comments welcome.

It’s a home inspection. Just bigger. Don’t sweat it.

As for the elevator, that’s outside the SOP. If you’re not familiar with the systems, then disclaim them, or sub them out.

As for the outdoor cooking equipment, I would treat it like I would the indoor equipment. Use your common sense (ie. electrical outlets should be rated for outdoor use, etc.)

Hi George,

I would not look at anything regarding the Elevator, sub the inspection out to an Elevator inspection company like this one:

American Elevator Inspections
15201 East Fwy # 110
Channelview, TX 77530

(281) 457-1700

The outdoor cooking equipment like any other gas appliances I would pay close attention to the gas connections, type of material used for the gas supply, etc.

This:

I agree, sub the elevator out to someone who can do a 1st rate job on that.

Follow our SOP for the outdoor equipment:

Hi. George

How often are elevators and related equipment required to be inspected?
The owner of the elevator or related equipment must obtain an inspection every 12 months and submit the inspection report along with all required documents and fees to the Department to obtain a certificate of compliance.
http://www.license.state.tx.us/elevator/elefaq.htm

Skip to content Skip to Inside Elevator Safety Skip to Online Services Skip to Customer Service
[http://www.license.state.tx.us/images/header-graphictx.jpg

</IMG>](http://www.license.state.tx.us/index.htm) Home About TDLR Employment Contact Us

Elevator Safety and Licensing Frequently Asked Questions
[ol]
[li]How do I register with the Department as a QEI elevator inspector?[/li][li]How do I renew with the Department as a QEI elevator inspector?[/li][li]Where can I obtain a Qualified Elevator Inspector certification?[/li][li]How do I initially register as an elevator contractor?[/li][li]When are elevator contractor’s quarterly reports due?[/li][li]When is an elevator contractor registration required?[/li][li]How often are elevators and related equipment required to be inspected?[/li][li]How do I contact a QEI Inspector?[/li][li]How can I get a copy of my inspection report?[/li][li]Who is responsible for obtaining a certificate of compliance for an elevator or related equipment?[/li][li]How do I obtain a certificate of compliance?[/li][li]How do I apply for a delay or waiver?[/li][li]How do I request a delay for Fire Service or Door Restrictors until September 1, 2010?[/li][li]If I do not receive a reminder notice of inspection due prior to the inspection due date, is the owner still required to get the elevator inspected and file the paperwork on time?[/li][li]What if I can not complete the repairs to my elevator or related equipment within 60 days?[/li][li]How do I obtain a duplicate copy of a Certificate of Compliance?[/li][li]Where can I find inspection history information of a particular elevator or related equipment?[/li][li]Do elevator inspectors work for the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation?[/li][li]What fees do I pay, if I apply for a certificate of compliance 91 or more days after the inspection?[/li][li]How can I get more information or updates related to the regulation of the elevators or related equipment?[/li][li]If I was on active duty in the National Guard, do I have any additional time to complete continuing education and other requirements related to the renewal of my license?[/ol]1. How do I register with the Department as a QEI elevator inspector?[/li]Provide a copy of your current Qualified Elevator Inspector certification with your completed TDLR application, a fee of $100, and proof of attendance of an orientation session conducted by the Department regarding Department forms and inspection procedures.
2. How do I renew with the Department as a QEI elevator inspector?
Provide a copy of your current Qualified Elevator Inspector certification with your completed TDLR application, a fee of $100, and proof of attendance at a 7 hour seminar sponsored by the Department or a Department approved seminar.
**3. Where can I obtain a Qualified Elevator Inspector certification? **
Two organizations provide QEI certification:
National Association of Elevator Safety Authorities International, 602-266-9701
Lift Technologies, 540-772-4964
**4. How do I initially register as an elevator contractor? **

Submit a completed application form and a fee of $300. In addition you must submit an initial report in a Department approved format, not later than the 60th day following the application date containing: 1) the street address of each building or location at which you performed installation, repair, alteration, or maintenance of equipment during the previous two years; and
2) the name and mailing address of the building owner.

5. When are elevator contractor’s quarterly reports due?

After making an initial registration and report, elevator contractors must submit a quarterly report containing: 1) the street address of each building or location at which you performed installation, repair, alteration, or maintenance of equipment not reported in your initial report or previous quarterly report; and
2) the name and mailing address of the building owner,
3) and jobs not previously reported.

Quarterly reports are due each year in accordance with the following schedule:
[ul]
[li]Q1 (January 1 - March 31) due April 30[/li][li]Q2 (April 1 - June 30) due July 31[/li][li]Q3 (July 1 - September 30) due October 31[/li][li]Q4 (October 1 - December 31) due January 31[/ul]6. When is an elevator contractor registration required?[/li]As of January 1, 2004, any person that performs installation, repair, alteration, or maintenance of an elevator or related equipment is required to be registered with the Department.
7. How often are elevators and related equipment required to be inspected?
The owner of the elevator or related equipment must obtain an inspection every 12 months and submit the inspection report along with all required documents and fees to the Department to obtain a certificate of compliance.
**8. How do I contact a QEI Inspector? **
To find a QEI Inspector that is registered with the department, you may search the Licensing Database through the Department’s website or contact the Licensing Division at 800-803-9202 (Texas only) or 512-463-6599.
**9. How can I get a copy of my inspection report? **
Contact the QEI Inspector that performed the inspection on your elevator or related equipment.
**10. Who is responsible for obtaining a certificate of compliance for an elevator or related equipment? **
The owner of the building is responsible for obtaining a certificate of compliance for each unit of equipment in the building. This certificate is good for one year and must be applied for annually.
**11. How do I obtain a certificate of compliance? **

For each piece of equipment, the building owner must submit the following within 60 days of the inspection: 1) an application for a certificate of compliance;
2) a copy of the inspection report;
3) a fee of $30; and
4) documentation that any violations found during the inspection are corrected or under contract to be corrected, and an application for delay or waiver, if necessary. If submitting an application for delay or waiver you must also submit an additional $50 for each violation requested to be delayed or waived.

**12. How do I apply for a delay or waiver? **
Submit a completed application for delay or waiver with a fee of $50 for each violation requested to be delayed or waived. For each waiver request, please include a picture, drawing, or any other information to support your request to waive the code standard.
13. How do I request a delay for Fire Service or Door Restrictors until September 1, 2010?

Submit a Department delay application form with the following: (1) verification that the building owner has notified all tenants in the building that the elevators do not comply with the door restrictor or fire service requirements in the ASME A17.3- 2002 Code and has made available to tenants upon request the building owner plan of compliance before 2010.
(2) the building owner’s plan of compliance before 2010
(3) compliance completion date

**14. If I do not receive a reminder notice of inspection due prior to the inspection due date, is the owner still required to get the elevator inspected and file the paperwork on time? **
Yes, the department sends a reminder of inspection due to the owner of the building as a courtesy, but it is the owner’s responsibility to obtain an inspection every 12 months and to file the required paperwork on time to obtain a certificate.
**15. What if I can not complete the repairs to my elevator or related equipment within 60 days? **
You may provide proof that you have entered into a contract to have the repairs done or request a delay.
16. How do I obtain a duplicate copy of a Certificate of Compliance?
Submit a written request with a fee of $25 to the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation at P.O. Box 12157, Austin, TX 78711.
17. Where can I find inspection history information of a particular elevator or related equipment?
You may search the elevator and related equipment database at http://www.license.state.tx.us/ElevatorSearch/ or contact the Licensing Division at 800-803-9202 (Texas only) or 512-463-6599.
**18. Do elevator inspectors work for the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation? **
No, QEI elevator inspectors are required to register with the Department but they work for an elevator inspection company or are a sole proprietor.
To find a QEI Inspector that is registered with the Department, you may search the Licensing Database through the Department’s website or contact the Licensing Division at 800-803-9202 (Texas only) or 512-463-6599.
**19. What fees do I pay, if I apply for a certificate of compliance 91 or more days after the inspection? **
You must submit all the required paper work with a fee of $30 plus a late fee of $10 for every 30 day period it is late after 90 days from the date of inspection.
**20. How can I get more information or updates related to the regulation of the elevators or related equipment? **
Sign up on the TDLR E-mail Subscriber Notification Lists on our website at http://www.license.state.tx.us/newsletters/TDLRnotificationLists.asp to receive automated notification of new and changing information about elevators and related equipment or any of the businesses regulated by the Department. In addition you may email questions regarding elevators and related equipment to elevators.escalators@license.state.tx.us.
21. If I was on active duty in the National Guard, do I have any additional time to complete continuing education and other requirements related to the renewal of my license?
Yes. If you were a member of the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces of the United States, such as the National Guard, and you were ordered to active duty on or after September 1, 2004, you have additional time equal to the total number of years or parts of years that the you served on active duty.
When you apply to renew your license you must provide documentation of the date your active duty began and the date it ended.
Top of Page | Elevator Safety Home Page | TDLR Home Page

Inside Elevator Safety and Licensing
[ul]
[li]Elevator Advisory Board[/li][li]Frequently Asked Questions[/li][li]Elevator Safety and Licensing Law [/li][li]Elevator Safety and Licensing Administrative Rules[/li][li]Proposed Administrative Rules[/li][li]Elevator Safety and Licensing Forms[/li][li]Technical Memoranda[/ul] [/li]Online Services
[ul]
[li]Report Violations or File Complaints Online[/li][li]Elevator Contractor Registration and Submit[/li]Equipment Information
[li]Search Elevator Inspector Licenses[/li][li]Search Elevators and Related Equipment Data [/li][li]Public Meetings and Audio Files[/li][li]Updates and Information by e-mail[/ul] [/li]Customer Service
[ul]
[li]Criminal Conviction Guidelines[/li]Enforcement Plan
[li]Application for Elevator Safety and Licensing Advisory Board[/li][li]For more information about [/li]elevators, escalators and related equipment,
e-mail TDLR at elevators.escalators@license.state.tx.us[/ul]

Privacy and Security Policy | Accessibility | Open Records Policy | Link Policy | Compact with Texans
Texas Online | TRAIL Search | Texas Homeland Security | Where the Money Goes

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You might want to state that you are not offering or providing a state certificate of compliance as that is outside the scope of an inspection.

You might also point out that all of that verbiage that Marcel posted pertains to elevators in Public buildings…not single family residential.

You might also want to CYA by stating that the inspection of the elevator was done to InterNACHI’s Accessibility Standards at www.nachi.org/accessibility.htm and then just give the client 7.1-7.6.

Are there any structural or electrical issues to consider?

Many residential elevators are installed due to disability or age… in other words, wheelchair use.

Michael, it would not hurt to check with the State for here in Maine, whether it is commercial or private, they all fall under the jurisdiction of Elevators and Trammway Division of the State.

There is a strong possibility that some other states are the same.

Marcel :slight_smile:

George:

Based on the listing info I would say its not a bad looking shack!!! :slight_smile:

But… I repeat…stay away from the elevator- refer to a pro.

Cheers

I would not inspect elevators and in Texas home elevators are governed by this section;

754.0141 a,b,c,e,etc.

http://www.license.state.tx.us/elevator/elelaw090107.pdf

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Exactly…that’s my point. Except for the initial installation and inspection the TDLR has no jurisdiction over single family residence elevators in Texas where the original poster resides.