A few various questions 3

A: On 4 point inspections we are asked to estimate the remaining life span of a roof. From my understanding we should never estimate remaining life span because it opens us up to liability if that system fails. Do we make an exception for 4 point Inspections and are these not seen as guarantees of remaining life?

B: if you find an inordinate amount of junk in the attic do you recommend removal for safety / structural reasons?

C: do you walk on flat residential roofs?

D: do you charge extra if a house has an outdoor kitchen (in addition to the main kitchen inside)? What about detatched garages?

E: what is the recommended distance that shrubs and bushes should be from the house exterior?

F: Aside from the dead front of service panels, are you in the habit of removing ANY other panels in the house to look inside? Air handler? Gas pool heater? Subpanels?

A) Don’t have a choice, either do them and fill it out or don’t and lose business.
B) No
C) Yes
D) no and no.
E) Generally 6 inches to 1 foot
F) Yes, yes (if warranted, not always), yes, and yes

Thanks Glenn, these forums are a great help for filling in the gaps of online learning. Appreciate the answers!

B: if you find an inordinate amount of junk in the attic do you recommend removal for safety / structural reasons?

Depends what you find. If I find roof or floor tiles stored in the attic (and I have) I make a note that the structure may not be strong enough to hold that amount of weight.

Glen why wouldnt you charge for extra kitchens and buildings. They take up more of your time don’t they? What else do you give a way for free.
Are you one of those bottom feeders Meeker keeps complaining about?

On a 4 point, I only open electrical panels (including subs), not AC or water heaters etc… On full inspections, I follow the FL SOP and open appropriate panels as needed.